1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth it to ask her out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Noir, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Noir

I'm almost on break for the holidays, but at the beginning of school starting up again I'm considering trying to ask out a girl for the first time! >< But I don't know if it's worth the risk or not to even try...

She's a freshman and went to high school with one of my roommates, and I thought she was pretty adorable from the first day when she was helping us move in. She's hung out in our room a few times and is feeling a lot more at home on campus thanks to me and my roommates. She's so sweet and says things like we're all like a little family and thanks us for letting her join us in our special space to be a part of it. I don't have a full-blown crush on her, but I think that besides being cute, she's the sweetest, most considerate person I've met in a REALLY long time. I also learned for a fact later that she's bisexual and has had a girlfriend before!!

Buuuut we haven't hung out that much even though we're definitely friends (I can text her myself without using my roommate as a middle-person), she's a freshman and I'm a senior, plus if she's such good friends with my one roommates, if I DID ask her out, no matter the outcome, I would hate to make things awkward for everyone :confused: She probably wouldn't want to try going out with me, and so much can change because of our years in school.

I kind of want to say, screw it! and just try because it's my senior year and I've never gone on a proper date even though I'm out at my college, and there aren't very many more opportunities for me to date so easily once I leave campus (college kids dating don't have to worry about transportation or money nearly as much). But I can see so many things being an issue because I worry about these things way too much.

Should I at least try? Or should I forget about it?

2. stonedqueer

stonedqueer Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should definitely try. This is similar to how i asked my first girlfriend out. We were friends but had never really properly hung out. I knew she was bi, that's the only reason I had the guts to ask her out. And if you're already friends it's easier to remain friends if the relationship ends, as i remain friends with my first love, and there's no awkwardness at all.

3. Distant Echo

Do you think she's worth taking a chance?