1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so confused.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lightningstruck, Nov 22, 2015.

1. lightningstruck

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been in a long distance relationship for a couple months now, and have recently come across some issues.

To give a little background information; my current partner and I met when she was in a LDR with another partner for about two years. We flirted and exchanged messages for about four months. At which point my current partner confessed that she was seeing someone else long term. She told me that neither of them was happy, that her partner was crazy and a little while later they ended things. We got together about a month later.

Since then I've had to deal with the guilt of flirting with someone in a relationship, one which I didn't know about at the time but has since made me very uncomfortable.

Things were going okay until about two week ago when my best friend since preschool came home from studying abroad. Since then we've been attempting to spend lot's of time together before she returns back after the break. We've posted pictures and things about our outings online. My partner saw them and within two days, accused me of cheating. I would wouldn't cheat on her. My best friend and I are like family, and while I've explained this, my partner has continued to act overly jealous. Now every day is a messages from her with odd tones. She's started posted online about being second best, sad, annoyed, etc. This upsets me a great deal but when I bring it up, she tells me that everything is absolutely great and avoids answering any further questions.

What do you think I should do? I'm a confident person and used to knowing who and what I want but in this instance I find myself confused. My friends' think she's cheating on me and is trying to lay guilt so I don't discover it, but I don't know and don't want to accuse her of anything. This insecurity on her end is frustrating. And I don't have a clue how to proceed without hurting her feelings. I hope you guys can help, thanks in advance.

2. Sek

Sek

If she doesn't trust you, that's damaging to the already fragile 'relationship' you have. I'm assuming you have some future in mind where the two of you are together in person so that you can create real memories, but in order to reach that point you have to be completely honest and upfront with each other. You should bring her attention back to this fact before reminding her that if she wants to keep the relationship then she has to have more faith in you.

On your part, all you can do is tell her the truth. If she carries on pushing you away and keeps calling you a cheater, then I'd say it's your call but if I was you I would end communication with her to see if she realises that she's going to lose you if she doesn't have more trust in you.

3. Sobie123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well if she has trust issues then maybe she has betrayed some one once or she is an over-thinker. Also if she is not talking to you or believing you it means she could just be acting childish. You may be hurt a lot when she decides your not her match. So be prepared for some fights and tears and hopeful she will learn to trust you. Also good luck and I hope things get better for you.