1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting Conversation with my dad

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by littleraven, Nov 23, 2015.

1. littleraven

So my dad and I were making trips to stores and whatnot today.

I forgot what we were talking about exactly, but then the conversation was kind of like this:
    Dad: Do you have a boyfriend?
    Me: No. :icon_redf
    Dad: Would you tell me if you had one?
    Me: I don't know.

Then, he was letting me know that he wouldn't be mad and that I'm 17 or something. The next bit was what surprised me.

Dad: Do you have a girlfriend?
    Me: No. :icon_redf
    Dad: Would you tell me if you had one?
    Me: I don't know.

Then, he was telling me that he wouldn't be mad at me. I was kind of shocked. (Some of you may be offended with this next part.) He told me that he would be happy as long as we both look like girls. I don't really identify as anything personally, but whatever.

Now... I know some folks would be mad still because of what he said at the end, but to be honest, I'm relieved. At least I can someday HAVE a girlfriend without being so afraid.

2. Ditz

And your dad gets the cool award minus some browny points for his looks comment but pretty cool never the less!!!

3. confusedbubble

That's lovely I wish all parents were as open to sexuality as him he sounds cool here have a dancing banana (!)(!)(!)(!)

4. MatH

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    At first I thought you meant that your dad would be happy as long as both your dad and you liked girls...but I realized I had just skipped a word. And then I thought you meant that he'd be happy as long as you and your dad looked like girls. Which made pretty much no sense :grin: .

5. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, it's a start, even if it's far from perfect. It's great that he's cool with you dating girls. And, who knows, maybe he'll improve even more some day?