1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush is With Another Girl... I'm Not Angry but What Do I Do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by galaxygia, Nov 23, 2015.

1. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So... the girl I'm in love with is dating one of my close friends now. They have been besties for as long as I can remember.

I'm not angry and I've already grieved a little. Cried in my car while my mom was grabbing something at the grocery store. I'm already starting to move on a little though I still love her.

I understand what my close friend is going through and why she's dating my crush, (her family is very against her pansexuality and it's killing her, I can see it when I look at her) even though she doesn't really like my crush that way. (I know she's told me before her own crushes and my crush was not on the list)

But it still hurts.

She's not doing it to spite me, I know that. I think my crush initiated the whole thing. I know they probably won't date for very long.

I just don't know how to proceed. Do I still try to get closer to my crush or do I just back off as a whole while this is going on?

Do I try to forget my feelings? I don't know what to do. What if my friend does develop feelings for my crush while they're together?

I really need some help or reassurance because this was all just dropped on me today and my day has kinda been screwed up ever since.

#1 galaxygia, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  2. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I um really need help or just some support. There is no where else to go or anyone I can talk to about this.

3. idsm

That´s very unfortunate.. I feel for you... (*hug*)

Relationships at this age, are almost destined to end, so yeah, it most likely won´t last long. That said, it´s extremely painful and not fair to you to have to wait until they are over. If you happen to be single when they end their relationship, by all means pursue her, but do not purposefully ignore the other girls just to wait for her. It is very normal to keep loving and caring for your crush, but since she is taken for now, keep it friendly.

4. Khorlidir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    RedBeauty34, what you might do right now is engage in creative activities, for instance creating paper models or music. You have to redirect your emotional energy of frustration into something else. You are not potent yet to change something in your relationship. You might need to wait until their one ends.

5. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate the advice.

I've been working on sort of suppressing my pain and focusing more on being there for my friend who's dating my crush, sort of redirecting the strength I have left on her. I'm trying to set aside my feelings I guess. I think it'll be okay in the end. School's going to break off for the rest of the week so I have some time to think about other things and get a fresh perspective. For now my priority, instead of trying to get my crush, is to help out my other friend who's going through a rough time. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 24th Nov 2015 at 06:34 PM ----------

Okay, that makes sense. I already draw and write in my free time so I'm going to see if I can focus on something else other than this. I think it hurts more because I've been thinking nonstop about my crush for months now and it's been hurting my creative thoughts pretty badly. This could be a sort of renaissance for my mind I guess so I'm going to take this situation and make it as positive as possible! :icon_bigg