1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Relationship and Christmas

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by driedroses, Nov 24, 2015.

1. driedroses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In a new relationship of a month so far, and I love to give gifts. Seriously, it makes me happy to be able to give people things. I have an idea for her birthday, which is also in December! because it was something she picked up and looked at when we were out one day. It's a small thing, so quite appropriate, I'm thinking. However, I have no idea what to do for her for Christmas.

I know her favorite color, I know her favorite chocolate, I know that she wants to be able to go home (16 hours away) for the holidays. I want to get something that is meaningful but not over-the-top, you know?

I actually had a ring with an engraved inspirational quote that I had stopped wearing and I've given that to her because I felt it was appropriate, and she loves it.

Any suggestions for a gift for a new relationship?

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Hmm. You can never go wrong with a bunch of smaller things if you can't think of something big.
    You could even make something for her if you want, because that can always be something really meaningful. Either something artsy, or just something you enjoy making or doing. Maybe get some ideas online.
    Think about even little things she likes to do. Like my friend really likes making tea so for Christmas I'm going to try to make her a mug. And I'm kind of artistic so for her birthday I might make her one of those flipbooks (where you flip the pages really fast and the drawings on them look like a cartoon).

Hope this helps and good luck! I'm sure whatever you decide to get her she'll love:slight_smile:

3. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could you buy her tickets home for the holidays? or help her travel home in some way such as driving with her?

4. driedroses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That would be awesome, but expensive and way out of my budget. :slight_smile: The other issue with that is as much as she loves and wants to see her parents, from conversations I'm getting that they are borderline emotionally abusive toward her, as well as not accepting of her sexuality. So, probably not a great idea to intrude on their lives at the holidays.

I did figure something out. I know she doesn't want me to spend a lot of money, so I picked up a season of a television show she loves and I also got a book we've discussed as being very apropos to our situation. It's perfect and meaningful and simple all at the same time. :slight_smile:

I appreciate the responses!