1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ummm.... I like someone I shouldn't...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by StarlessSky, Nov 24, 2015.

1. StarlessSky

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not quite sure if this is appropriate or in the right pace. I am new. Here goes nothing...
    I know this woman. She is in her early to mid twenties. I am eighteen. She is absolutely gorgeous both inside and outside. She is so kind. Every time I am near her I feel happier. I have trouble trusting people and she is one of the 3 people I trust. I feel sooo comfortable around her, I feel like I could tell her anything. She is absolutely amazing. I really think that I might love her. She is only the second person ever that I think I have 'liked' in that way. This feels so intense. I think I am recognising it more and beginning to accept my sexuality, that could be why I am feeling such strong feelings. She was the first person and is the only person I have told about my sexuality (aside from my counsellor but I haven't actually clarified my sexuality with her).
    I don't know what sexuality she is. My 'gaydar' hasn't activated at all yet.
    That is a problem. However this woman is my French Teacher. I know that it is not appropriate for me to have these feelings for her and that nothing could happen between us. I really want it to though. I am having dreams about being in a relationship with her. When I am in class with her I am constantly looking at her lips and I have really strong impulses to kiss her. She is so beautiful. I want to tell her so badly but I know that it is a bad idea. I don't want to risk making things awkward between us in class. She is acting a bit distant since I came out to her but that could probably just be a coincidence. She was very supportive and reassuring when I told her.
    I am sorry that this is so long but I have to get it off my chest. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know there is quite a lot of rambling but once I started I had to be honest.

2. idsm

Ah, those young and hot and sweet and fun teachers!!! The greatest fantasy ever!! :icon_redf:icon_redf
    They smile and they are kind and they make jokes and you want to ace their class and have their attention, but for the love of God you CANNOT concentrate!! You just gaze at them like an idiot...

Anyway, the dynamic between a teacher and a student is very unbalanced (teacher being always on top). That combined with school regulation really diminishes any chances with her.

That said, you are in a better position than most lovestruck students. First of all, you are an adult and then you are comfortable enough with her to talk about private stuff. Enjoy the closeness and potential friendship for now and whenever she stops being your teacher, make your next move (if you ´re still crushing on her, ofc).