1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to fix this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FightingShadows, Nov 25, 2015.

1. FightingShadows

So, for the past few years, I've sort of been chasing this girl. I like her a hell of a lot and always make a point to talk to her. She's nine years older than me and we have basically nothing whatsoever in common but that wasn't a problem when we first started talking. There was a time when I felt that she was interested in me (even though she was and is still currently engaged). We would exchange some personal tidbits about our lives, she'd ask what my work schedule was for that day, when she wouldn't see me around for a while she'd ask where I'd been, etc. Then there was a time where she tried to get my address out of me and like an idiot, I gave her a vague general area of where I lived thinking she'd bite and want more. Unfortunately, she only asked twice then gave up. For the longest time I've wanted to ask her to hang out but knowing she's engaged always stopped me. I've always been shy and (painfully) awkward around her because she's just so stunning I can't help it. For a while she seemed to find this fine (maybe even go so far as to say cute?) and talked to me regardless. Now, fast forwarding a few months and she's seemed to have lost any and all interest in me. Now our conversations are no more than "Hey, what's up?" I've tried slipping her my phone number via a friend and she declined saying, "What am I gonna do with this?" I don't know what to do. I'd give anything to go back to the way we were I just don't know how or if that's even POSSIBLE at this point.

I would like to add, if it's any additional info at all, that she had planned her wedding twice this year. First it was going to be in July and then moved it to early November where she was supposed to get married on a cruise (obviously neither happened)

Any suggestions guys?
    Or should I just give up and let her go?

2. ANerdWhoCares

Probably should just move on and let her go...

She's given some obvious signals that she's already done the same, such as declining your phone number, and no longer asking your address. Not to mention she's engaged! I don't know if the lack of weddings is due to one partner not being committed enough, or finances, or some other reason, but that should be reason enough to realize she's not interested. Although, should she and her "fiancé" have a falling out, perhaps you'd be one of the people she turns back to. It's up to you how you'd want to approach that though... :/