1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My bf tells lies about his friends and past -HELP!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Alabamaguy33, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Alabamaguy33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been with my bf for 6 months now. He is very nice to me and we do a lot together and see each other regularly. He said he really likes me and talks about the future including me. He is also 11 years older than me and +.

I'm negative and his status doesn't bother me as I'm well educated on the matter and I do love him.

When we started off he was super nice (and still is) he didn't respond to my sexual advances and he said get to know him first. I asked and asked what was wrong and he never told me. So that peeked my interest more (i thought that maybe he was poz). We continued dating and finally one morning we woke and he told me that he was poz. He said he got it from his previous partner who cheated on him with multiple guys and women. I cried. He probably thought I was going to reject him. I didn't. I gained a lot of respect for him to admit that to me and that showed me he really wanted to be with me.

The things that bother me is that he has a past and we all do. But I've been noticing with the constant telling of this one past partner (the one who infected him) he tends to leave out parts or alter them when he repeats it. He talks about a stalker (who said he didn't date) but the stalker has a mutual friend of mine and he talked to me about there relationship. My current bf said he never had sex with him and the previous partner said they did and he even went into details describing him and his house. My current bf said he never had the guy in his house. Anywho, the stalker ex said that he (my bf) travels for work (which he does) and would be meeting up with guys in all the locales he visits by setting up a profile announcing his arrival. Which brings me to one thing I noticed with him. He talks about having all of these friends and I haven't met one. Tbh, I haven't met anyone that he knows and that includes family. He is secretive with his phone. But he is always texting other guys guys that are my age (late 20s early 30s). He always says when he talks about guys that he never slept with them but I question it now because I've caught him lying next about it. Why would he lie about that and why would he actively still be texting/communicating with these guys?

2. tmhjdg

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have watched my bf be stalked by one of his exes, so firstly, I would never, ever, EVER trust ANYTHING someone who could even remotely be described as a stalker says (even if he can describe the house, that doesn't mean everything he says is true). Stalkers can have a very warped perception of reality, especially when it comes to relationships.

Secondly, you have been together for six months. Even without the stalker, you are still getting mixed signals about your bf's history (e.g., being secretive with the phone). Plan to calmly sit down with him soon and say you want to have a serious talk with him. Tell him your concerns and ask him all your questions. If he gets angry or won't explain further, maybe it's time to move on. If he explains himself better, then it's up to you how to proceed. It's time to make a move, because you shouldn't still have major questions like these when one year comes around.

3. Alabamaguy33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yea. He had to get a protective order for this stalker. We had a talk about the phone situation and he says he turns it over as a habit. His ringer is never on unless I'm away. The one time it was on he had a "friend" calling him at 330am. He's had guys texting him in the wee hours of the morning. He has also, when out of town, secretly meeting up with old flames and taking them out to dinner and then telling them he wished they were at his place when I was there. I confronted him about that. He apologized and said he should have told the other guys he's seeing someone. Has he? I doubt it. I think he enjoys having options.

4. guitar

Dump his ass. I wouldn't put up with even half of these red flags that you are. The entire thing reeks of him cheating on you. Even if he's not, I would be very weary about trusting him. After 6 months if you haven't met a single one of his friends, there's a HUGE indication he's either a loner or has something to hide.

5. Alabamaguy33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes the friend thing does bother me. He always tells me about them and then he texts them but I never have had the chance to meet them. I tend to notice all the guys he did ever meet were from out of town when he traveled and they always would drive up to see him and he would always tell me he hasn't slept with them when I never asked if he did. I truly think he has a mental block were he thinks he is younger than what he is as he thinks he is in his early 30s when he is in his mid 40s. When I confronted him about these guys he did say he met them online and he said where else can he meet people... There are many ways to meet people and they all don't have to be gay guys that he has the hots for. Now in his defense, we spend all of our time together when he is in town. He talks about the future with me and he is very affectionate and its not about sex. We just got back from a mini vacation together. He may very well be a loner. He seems to be clingy at times but I do enjoy his company.