1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Are kids really like that now?''

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Secrets5, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

So I made a quiz aimed to be a fun but also survey activity for young kids (2-10) to see what they decided what gender to do an activity or what they'd do in a situation. One of the questions was about transgender and what a child would do in the situation [about whether they'd pair with someone the same gender as them, but not the same sex ... but on a more basic level for kids].

So anyway;

Mum - "What you doing putting a quiz on"
    Me - "Just thought it'd be fun, stop *** me. What you doing scrolling at a quiz I made for 2-10 year old and their parents?''
    Mum "But you put something about the end about a kid being transgender, are kids really like that now?"
    Me - "Yes, now go"

Anyway, she won't think I'm transgender or agender [she won't even know what that is] based on my tone of voice, as I always ask her to leave my room like that - sounds rude but I'm like that to everyone, hate people quizzing me about things I do - makes me nervous - even if it's a good thing.

So what do I do? More and more I find evidence to say that she's quietly against this, but I see it though. This could all become too loud if I actually say anything. I can't take it anymore though.

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Go ahead and do your quiz.
    Your mum sounds unsure; time is always moving forward and sometimes get blindsided by how quick change happens. It sounds like she genuinely didn't know that that question was the sort of thing you could ask them these days.
    But, of course, if she has made suspect remarks in the past - as you say, you're finding "more and more evidence" - then I might be wrong. But just because she makes these remarks doesn't mean she's necessarily against any of this: she's might simply find it uncomfortable to talk about these things or get used to these ideas. If this is the case, you can persuade her and make her comfortable, like I and many others have had to do with parents.