1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Date Advice/Tips

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by questions4ever, Nov 27, 2015.

1. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So ... I'm super excited I'm going on my first date ever with this AMAZING girl and I'm super excited about it. Is the any advice you would give me? We are already friends and we're just going to meet for coffee and keep it casual. No hard feelings if it doesn't work out. Please help I'm kind of freaking out ...

2. SonicBoom

Hi Questions,

since you ladies are already friends to begin with,you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

The most nerve racking thing about a first date with someone you met online and don't know hardly anything about them is wondering

1) What is their personality or sense of humor like
    2)Will I get along with the other person
    3) Is the other person a total and complete jerk.

You ladies don't have that problem. You already know one another likes and dislikes and sense of humor and stuff like that.

If you ladies end up being a good match as a couple that's the best case scenario that you are hoping for.

If you ladies relationship quickly fizzle, there is at least 95% chance you ladies will still remain friends but with "benefits". :grin: (I'm just being honest)

When I was teenager , I had friends that started out as just friends. Then we both decided to become boyfriends. Our romantic relationship quickly fizzled and we remain friends with benefits. I had this happen several with several of my male friends.

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My advice: Have fun. You're already friends so you're sure to have things in common that you can talk about. Take things as slow as you want to. She's into you, you're into her, go enjoy yourselves. :slight_smile:

4. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I'd say be a good listener and just enjoy the conversation. If you want a romantic relationship... keep eye contact a little longer than with your platonic friends, keep your voice a bit softer and walk more closely if you go for a walk. If you have more dates, do some subtle touching. Even brushing her arm or touching her shoulder can be electric. Not rushing things is so much more romantic in my opinion.

Dating is so much fun, and first dates which turn into the real thing are so memorable!

5. SonicBoom

Since you ladies are already friends, you and her are setting yourselves up for a win , win situation.

1) You already know each other and there won't be any unpleasant surprises you may get with dating a stranger.

2) Best case scenario you two will make awesome lovers.

3) Worst case scenario, you remain friends.

you both can't lose

Just worry about enjoying each others company on your first date.