1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I have a crush on my friend - I'm not even out and she is straight

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MayaBee, Nov 28, 2015.

1. MayaBee

Hey there. So, I have this one friend, let's call her Sara. Sara and I have never been really close, but since Halloween we've become quite good friends. Its really hard, because she is my first ever real girl crush. I dont know, the way she talks, her jokes, her beautiful hair, her sarcastic way, the way she smells,... I could go on for years. She just got me. Problem is, I am not out(only to one friend and I am not planning to come out soon) and she is very straight(she likes to sit on guys laps while talking and all that).
    It is so hard to not stare at her or try to kiss her. Sometimes she hugs me for like 5min very closely, because she is cold. When we talk, we always look into each others eyes. She likes to put her cold hands on my neck just to shock me, then we 'compare' how cold our hands are and sometimes do that for minutes(holding hands).

Any advice ? :icon_redf

2. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw so cute! Congratulations on your first girl crush! First of all I want to commend you for being brave, realizing this about yourself, and posting here. A lot of people in the closet would brush this off so it is wonderful that you are confronting it. Way to go girlie!
    I was once in your situation once and had feelings for my best friend at the time. She ended up finding out about it through word of mouth and we never spoke again BUT I will tell you this. My best friend was feeling the same way toward me but did not want to admit it. Did you ever consider that maybe she feels the same way about you?
    Ok so here is my advice to you, let's not tackle any Christmas trees just yet.
    Confidea in her by telling her that you are are gay/bi but do not suggest that you are attracted to her. Relate it to you telling her this because you trust her. See what she says. Maybe she has felt the same way, maybe she hasn't. I think that you will feel a lot better knowing that she knows (believe it or not). I really think that she is going to accept you no matter what. See if anything happens in time if you want it to. Maybe something will happen, maybe it wont but it takes two to tango.
    Ok love I hope that helps! Yay for you!