1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asexual crush?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by deadbluebells, Nov 28, 2015.

1. deadbluebells

After 10 long months of a very very painful, most likely unreciprocated crush, I finally feel like I've moved on (!)

Possibly just to keep my mind occupied, and possibly because I'm lonely, I suddenly developed a crush on a girl who I've been talking to for maybe six weeks now. We talk to each other so easily and as someone with social anxiety this is a big deal for me. However after hearing her talking to one of her friends (my ex-crush, in fact) I discovered that she is ace. Obviously this doesn't mean she's aromantic, and I did hear she met a boy she liked at a university open day who hasn't had a follow up, so I guess she could still like me romantically (although I still don't know if she's into girls). It's just so hard to bring it up? It feels sort of offensive and ignorant to ask her who she finds attractive, especially if she is aromantic as well?

There've been moments when I thought we were bordering on flirtation (not that I'm have any sort of knowledge in that department). She fell off her chair in class today and I asked her what she was doing - her reply was 'falling for you' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: She told me in a very round about way that I looked cute. Sometimes it feels like she's going out her way to stroke my shoulder or touch my hand. She remembers little details about me. I am absolutely fine with a relationship with no sexual contact - tbh sometimes I've wondered if I'm ace/demi myself.

Eh, I guess I'll see how it goes. Partly I'm just very very relieved not to be going through the self-destructive crush I had for so long any more.

Thank you for reading... sorry for rambling so much :icon_bigg

2. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She is TOTALLY into you. Go after her! Flirt with her right back! She sounds interested in you and is waiting for you to take the hint. Women want the men to take charge, it's customary so ask her out!
    The other thing to is that I bet that she isn't asexual, I may get a couple of slaps in the face for saying this but if she is around your age (16-17) then she is probably just warming up to the idea of sex. It may intimidate her at the moment but she might (and probably will) outgrow it. It doesn't seem to matter to you too much anyways, so go ahead, ask her out! FYI... She probably hasn't told you that she is asexual because she is into you.