1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What An Amazing Experience

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Contact1111, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently sent an email to my parents that told them a little more detail about myself. I had told them before that I was "pretty sure I'm bi" and things of the sort. However, a number of times in the past they had said things like "how could you know?" and seemed to doubt the validity of what I was telling them. However, the other night I sent them an email that told them about some people that I liked over the course of the time when I was in school. I told them about how one of these people was one of my friends who was also a guy. Before this, I never felt that way about another guy, only with girls. I really enjoyed spending time with this friend of mine.... and I also liked and thought about him in intimate sorts of ways. Nothing like that ever happened, because he wasn't that way. When my parents heard about it, not much was really said at first. Then, later in the day, we talked about it a little more. It was amazing, my Mom was wanting to play a guessing game with me figuring out who it was that I liked :slight_smile: I didn't really want to tell who it was, but I really liked the way she was playing a game like that. She also said that she thought it probably wasn't "that uncommon" and things of the sort. It was just great to talk with her and that she saw it as something to have fun playing a "who was it?" type guessing game about it rather than her being grossed out or shocked :slight_smile: It's just such an amazing and beautiful thing to be able to be open about this stuff. Back when I was younger, I never thought I would have this wonderful experience. Plus, now my family knows exactly what I am like in this regard. It's just such a real and strong feeling that us humans get, and it was amazing to feel like my Mom understood and could connect to this. Words can't even begin to express how amazing it was to share these feelings that I had about him for over a year that I'd still have to this day if we were still in touch.

#1 Contact1111, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. Shadowsylke

Yay, go mom!

3. littleraven

That's great. :grin: