1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it okay to date?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by whoagirls, Nov 29, 2015.

1. whoagirls

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, this might be a little long but i'll try to make it short. I've known this girl for a long time, and I'm in love with her and she definitely likes me but we both said we're not ready to date. Well, I know it's gonna be a while, and I have a crush on another girl who may or may not like me, but regardless, is it still okay to date? I feel like it's not, like I technically don't have a commitment to the first person but it feels like I do, but I'm in my teenage years, it's too early for that but it feels wrong if I go against it. I'm afraid if I date someone and they date someone it's like cheating, and we'll end up in this weird forever liking each other but never dating, we'll end up drifting away someday and never knowing what could have been between us. All at the same time, I don't see why I can't fill the time up casually dating other people until I later on get into a serious relationship with the first person. What would you do?

2. Prince Toby

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's perfectly alright to date!It's not cheating because your not in a relationship plus you deserve to get the experience of dating. If it works out that's great! But if it doesn't that's ok too because you know there's someone else that you could go to. If I were you I would go for it, but try discussing it with the girl you're waiting for first to see where she stands on the issue.

Good luck with everything :slight_smile:

3. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Is it okay? Morally? Sure, I don't think there is a huge ethical issue there.

That said, I personally wouldn't. If you really care about this first person, even if you aren't in a relationship, than I wouldn't date another person. I've never liked casual dating in general though. I've always felt the purpose of dating was a sort of test run for a more serious relationship, not just something you do in the meantime.

If you think it will make you happy to date though. Do it. I'm not trying to say its wrong, just that it would be wrong for me. If you think it's right for you, then I don't think you're making a moral mistake there.