1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual wants to start a lesbian family????

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by fortune, Nov 30, 2015.

1. fortune

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, everyone
    Thankful for all of you and this forum!

I'm a woman attracted to other women but currently consider myself bisexual because I'm in a relationship with a man. It's going quite well, he's interested in starting a family at some point, but as much as I love him, I have a hard time picturing myself as his wife and mother to his children.

Then I think about other options such as adoption, and I feel completely different about that. Excited, thrilled. I would love to be with a woman who wanted to become pregnant. Maybe it's because I don't have a lot of maternal instincts; I'd rather act as a father than a mother. (Not to say that these old-fashioned roles are relevant today.)

Having said that, I am still a highly feminine and attractive woman. Most people would assume I wanted to get married and have some kids. I do want that. But I want to do that with a wife rather than a husband. I want to be the husband.

Are my thoughts weird?

I'm so confused. Someone please advise me, and be honest. I want raw criticism.

Is he just the wrong guy?
    Or is it reasonable to desire a wife, when you yourself are a woman?

And are there any other queer girls who have been with men and feel the same?
    Dated a guy, but still only want to start a family with another woman?

2. Distant Echo

Oh yeah. I want a wife. I have kids but I'd be rapt to find a wife who wanted kids of her own.
    And yes, I don't want to be the one wearing the wedding dress. I have never pictured myself in a dress, I've only ever thought of myself in a suit. I want to go shopping for a wedding dress for my future wife.

We're in pretty well the same place except I've ended the relationship with my co-habiting male (even if he hasn't) and I'm now identifying as lesbian.

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get what you mean. I was in a relationship with my ex-bf for almost 15 years but due to some complicated circumstances we never lived together and tell you truth I'd never wanted that. I'd never wanted to marry him either because the idea of having a husband makes me rather uncomfortable. After I realized my attraction to women things started to make sense to me and I understood it's a wife I desire, not a husband.
    I may be wrong but feeling how you feel about the couple dynamics it may be difficult for you to get what you want from a man, especially longterm. Moreover it's a woman who you picture to be happy with and it says a lot, I think. (*hug*)

4. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am bi, yet I have absolutely NO doubt over the fact that I do NOT want to get married to a man. I always said (and thought) that I never wanted to get married until I realized that I was bi and liked women and now realize that I DO want the wedding and the family and all of this, but I want all of this to happen with another woman.

For the past couple of months I have really tried to imagine my future and tried to picture myself in a couple of years (because bisexuality can be and is extremely confusing) but all I can manage to picture is me raising children with another woman. I try to imagine myself with a husband and so on but it just seem so wrong (so unhappy too !) so if you are weird I am weird too since I totally get where you are coming from and have the exact same thoughts-process. :thumbsup:

5. CapColors

That seems pretty normal for a lesbian or bi woman to me from waht I can tell.

#5 CapColors, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  6. BookWriter1994

Well, to be honest, I have no idea who I see myself with in the end. I thought it would always be with a man even though I have never been with one. I would love to adopt kids because I cant really get pregnant because of medical issues. but I am pansexual and I believe that I will be happy with whomever I am with whether a man or a woman or trans etc.