1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy stuck in my head after 8 months

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cory675, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Cory675

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

I dated a guy shortly last Spring. We met at my friend's birthday party, we talked and really hit it off. We continued talking for the rest of the night. A few days later I saw him again, and we saw eachother a total of 5 times (of which, twice I spent the night at his place). We never had sex, because I had told him that I didn't wan't to make it sexual too quickly, he told me that he wouldn't pressure me. He was super affectionate, he texted me all the time, and judging by the way he kissed me, he was definitely into me. But, one morning he woke up, he was stressed and later we talked on the phone and he gave me the speach about being afraid to hurt me or dissapoint me, and that he couldn't continue to see me. I never really managed to know why it didn't work out, but in such little time, I had really developped feelings for him.

I wasn't that heartbroken at the moment, dissapointed, absolutely, but heartbroken, no. However, 8 months later, I find myself still thinking about him alot and I still have the same feelings. I dated one guy a few months after him, and a month after that, I started dating the guy I'm currently seeing. But I still think a lot about the guy I dated last spring, and the feelings I have are still just as strong. It's so frustrating. I'd like to see him again, just as friends, but I won't because I know full well that I can't see him as "just a friend"...

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice?