1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if my crush is gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by brycelol, Nov 30, 2015.

1. brycelol

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Alright so I'm 16 (I'm also closet Bi) and he's 15 and we have one class together. I've known him for a few years now and we've gotten MUCH closer this year. We snapchat constantly and we talk all the time in our last class. We always walk together when we leave school. So he's been giving me quite a few hints at him being gay (or bi). He's always calling me gay or something like that in a playful way (By the way we both act straight and don't act very feminine) and I'm always messing with him as well. When we walk together we can talk NONSTOP with no awkward pauses which is HUGE for me. He recently invited me over to his house (I don't normally get invited places) and we played pool and ps4. While I was there his dad came home and I met him and his dad said something like "Ahh good to know Spencer has some good friends" meaning he doesn't normally invite people over. So I had fun while I was there so now I invited him to my house for this weekend. So my real question is, how do I know if he's gay or BI? I don't really want to flat out ask him because it would be awkward if it went badly because he sits next to me in class. Should I come out to him? I'm scared to do that because I don't want things to get awkward. Ugh I've been struggling with this for so long I would appreciate any help! Thanks and sorry for the long story.

2. Ninetales

Out Status:
    Some people
    My experiences with coming out to friends and the such has yielded positive results everytime, but I have also known the people for many years. I and I'm sure many others understand that hesitation and it certainly isn't easy to get over. Maybe a good place to start is to get his view of the LGBT community. This can easily be done by bringing up one of plenty of things that have been in the news. If his response is positive then come out to him. That will leave you with a good transition into asking him his orientation. Thats what worked for me.

3. guitar

Re: Is my crush gay?

His name is Spencer? That's hint #1 he's gay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

All joking aside, what you've been describing are some pretty big hints he's not completely straight, but who knows? I dunno if I would come out to him, but maybe discuss an lgbt topic, or maybe make up a gay kid you used to play on a team with or something, see how he takes it.

One friend of mine came out in highschool and suddenly he became a magnet for a lot of other closeted guys.

4. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

If he's a really good friend, coming out to him shouldn't bother him.
    If you ask him... well that's a bit trickier.

5. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people

I think the babe word is a dead giveaway but if he's as touchy as you say then all the flirting should pay off if you're consistent enough. Just try not to overdue not.

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Seems the same as my high school experience with my straight friends. Normal.

Its up to you whether its worth the risk to come out to him (I wouldn't ask him without at least coming out to him first as he could just deny it out of fear otherwise). Once you come out to him he may come out to you. But, I have to say, you have written nothing here which would indicate that he is anything but a normal straight teenager.

I dont think it is at all! Me and my straight friends always called eachother "babe" in school.