1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divorce and Homophobic Father

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by login864, Dec 1, 2015.

1. login864

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My 18 yo boyfriend's parents recently got divorced and, and he moved to another apartment with his mother, leaving his father and two siblings. A few days after they moved in, after settling down, he went back to visit his father.

His father, who earlier was really accepting about his son being gay, initially didn't even talk to him, and later started saying insulting homophobic stuff out of nowhere. This was really shocking to my bf and to me as well, since we always thought he had no problems with his son being gay...

Now my bf seems as if he wouldn't really care, but I know that deep down he MUST be really hurt. Could this have happened due to the divorce, making the father say homophobic things to his own child? Or could this be his real personality?

2. Magenta Mucus

As a possibility, he might have put up a façade of acceptance to appease the wife and now he took it down entirely as a result of not habing anyone to appease anymore. Or, he resents your boyfriend for going to his mother instead, and now is fixating his insults on something he knows will hurt his son.

3. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    like what the above poster said
    he is doing that because your bf sided with his mother and is living with her
    as a form of punishment he knows that this is something that would really hurt him