1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insecurity overshadows attraction

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Thefowl, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Thefowl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 16 years old 5"9 and weigh 122. I work out like crazy but get no where fast. When ever I see some one I'm attracted to (usually guys in good shape) instead of trying to talk to them i get really insecure and quickly crawl back into my shell. My mind seems to make it into some sort of competition, I then start thinking I'm ugly or I'll always be alone. This issue has gotten in the way of what could of been a relationship a few times. I try to look past it put it seems to worm it's way back to the front of my head every time. I don't know what to do?

2. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Ya gotta just learn to accept yourself, my friend. I know it's hard, but honestly compared to a lot of the social challenges of being gay, like you are, this is a fairly easy normal, teenage problem. You can't compare yourself to everyone, and Im sure you are plenty attractive. So just be brave and go for it!

Yeah yeah... I know... easier said than done. But try.

Good luck and Don't Forget To Be Awesome!