1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! How do I tell this boy I like him?!?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sweetprince, Dec 2, 2015.

1. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry, this is sort of a duplicate thread, but I really need help with this and I can't even find my old thread. So, I'm a senior in high school. I've came to accept that I'm gay over the past year or so and I got out of a bad relationship in June and have been sort of recovering from that ever since. There aren't exactly a lot of guys in my school who are openly gay and those who are aren't really attractive to me, so I've never really tried to talk to any of them. Until I met Caleb. I'm going to be open that that is his name because I love it and I love him. He followed me on Instagram last year and I knew he was the cousin of one of my classmates but I had never really got to know him till we met in our school's student council this year. He is a freshmen but he is really mature and just different. We started talking a lot on snapchat (I just told him goodnight on it a few minutes ago) and we talk as much as possible at school. I actually make him late to a lot of his classes because we stand in the hallway talking too long. He is genuinely one of the most amazing and special people I've ever met and I think I am falling deeply in love with him. He is so positive and sees the world unlike anyone I've ever met and refuses to think bad of other people. He's always smiling and has helped me through some really hard times and is always there for me. We have went to the movies and out to eat together even, I'm just not sure if it was a date or not. I'm almost positive he is gay, actually I am pretty positive he is gay. He just meets all the stereotypes and acts more gay than anyone I know he just probably hasn't came out because his family are really really religious and don't accept gay people. I'm writing this post to ask your opinions on whether he likes me back. Here is why I think he likes me:

1. EVERYONE in my school thinks that he is in love with me and all my friends, the ones who know I'm gay and even the ones that don't, thinks he loves me. Teachers have even commented and said they think he likes me. People are also going around my school saying that we are dating.
    2. He texts me all the time and we talk constantly.
    3. He always asks me to stay after school when he has to so I spend time with him.
    4. He joined my school's Y Club to spend time with me.
    5. We have said we love each other.
    6. He waits for me in the hallways, and my friends say he will look around for me in the hall.
    7. The way he looks at me. There is nothing like it. I just think I see something in his eyes.
    8. He is always really up close to me when we talk.
    9. A girl in his grade asked him if we were "talking" and apparently he said we were. I don't know if this question confused him or not or what.

So yeah, I'm pretty unsure of what to do. I've thought about coming out to him so maybe he'll do the same, but I haven't yet because I'm waiting for the right time. I want him to know how I feel but I don't know how to. How do you think I should tell him and do you think he likes me? Every response is really appreciated.

2. WannaBeMe

To be honest, it sounds a lot like he likes you. As for coming out, you might want to test the waters first. Make sure that he isn't homophobic. BEcause he could also just be assuing that you two are just best friends. There is always a possible flip side to everything. Mainly though, if he isn't homophobic, you should come out to him. Even if he isn't gay, it won't be just another thing that you're hiding from him. And if he is gay, he'll probaby come out to you.

3. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aww this is so sweet. What ages are you guys?

4. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm seventeen and he's fifteen. And no, I know he isn't homophobic. We've talked about gay stuff a lot so I know he isn't. I'm just unsure to tell him I like him yet because I don't think he has really identified with his own sexuality yet.

5. Ditz

That's such a cute story! Thing is, from what you've written he might as well be smitten with you, but that said he might still be very deep in the closet and in total denial to himself when it comes to his own orientation.

So maybe just out yourself to him by telling him that you value him more than anyone else and that you want him to know the real you. And then just see where that goes, if he feels comfortable he might start talking about his own sexuality with you and who knows, it might lead to a relationship. Worse case scenario you remain friends and he knows you're gay... Best case he confides in you that he is too and you end up dating...

6. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just want to take things slow. I really like him and I think he really likes me too, I just am still scared he hasn't accepted his sexuality yet. But I think I might be willing to wait for that to make this work.

7. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey sweetprince. I've just been reading your previous thread about your first crush and you said that you had had your 18th birthday. Can you please explain?

8. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was scared people would judge me because I was 16 when I put that thread up. I didn't want to be the young person going on about love and stuff because I thought I'd sound silly. I had actually turned seventeen the birthday that the thread mentions. Sorry about that.

9. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok. I'd still be wary about going after a 15 year old as although you're only 2 and a bit years apart, there is a bit of a maturity gap

10. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I was initially worried about that but he's pretty mature and just different. He's the only person in his grade that I can stand.

11. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey bro I'm the same age as you and I also like a 15 year old. I wish my situation was as good as yours tho. I think you should tell him how you feel, and I bet he feels the same.

12. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks man. Tell more about your situation.