1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Platonic or Romantic Crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Noodle72, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a friend who I've been getting to know a bit better lately. She's not too close of a friend of mine, and I think I might be getting a crush on her.

I don't know if this is a platonic crush (which I looked up and the proper term for it is a "squish") or a romantic crush.

Whenever I'm around her I want her to talk to me mostly, spend time with me, and I'd love the idea of hugging her, cuddling her, holding her hand etc. but idk if I'd want to kiss her and date her and stuff. I wouldn't be against the idea, and if she asked me out I'd definitely say yes, but I don't know what kind of crush this is.

She has a lot in common with me, likes a lot of the same bands, and she's really funny, she can always make me laugh. I want to spend more time with her, but I don't know if I like her platonically or romantically.

Any help would be very much appreciated (!)

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel like this is something that could develop into romantic affection. I like to think of squish as something that is purely platonic and you have no romantic attraction to them whatsoever. It's kind of like having that awesome cousin that comes to your house. They're practically your best friend and you're obsessed with them, but are they dating material? Nope.

I wouldn't call this a "crush" though. I don't feel like a crush is quite there until the romance hits you and you start imagining being married to them, haha.

3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel like this is something that could develop into romantic affection. I like to think of squish as something that is purely platonic and you have no romantic attraction to them whatsoever. It's kind of like having that awesome cousin that comes to your house. They're practically your best friend and you're obsessed with them, but are they dating material? Nope.

I wouldn't call this a "crush" though. I don't feel like a crush is quite there until the romance hits you and you start imagining being married to them, haha.