1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm in love with a straight guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Boydare, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First I'm gay(in the closet) and currently in the 11th grade.

Well I will start from the beginning I once was deeply infatuated with a straight guy, we didn't even talk much,but I liked him alot. To get to the point he was straight and going out with girls all the time and the usual stuff. He didnt show any interest in me really and wasn't very nice but it still hurt. He changed schools and it helped me get over him for the most part. I was in the 9th grade then.

Well now I'm in the 11th grade and I like this 9th grader, I would say love but I don't know if it's possible to say im love with someone who I haven't even talked to ever.
    I only see him in the morning time at breakfast, at lunch time, and when we are waiting on the bus at the end of the day. I wanna talk to him so badly but I think it would just be weird, not to mention he's like a jock, he seems pretty nice tho. Every time I see him smile it just makes my heart jump and lightens my day it's very beautiful.

I'm constantly sad because I can't really talk to him and he's interested in girls, and ik I sound stupid. Its really eating away at me and I have started thinking that I'm ugly and notbgood enough for him. I just don't know what to do. It hurts so much to see the person you love be with someone else and be happy knowing you could never have them.

Please help me

2. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  3. ANerdWhoCares

Im really sorry to hear that you're going through this, and my personal experience with the same issue is probably not what you want to hear.

A month back, i had a crush on a cute guy in my Spanish class, but he hangs out with a bunch of straight jocky douchebags. He always seemed more feminine than them, and even claimed to like guys over girls a few years back, so i thought maybe there was a chance he was bi at the very least. Turns out i was horribly wrong, since when one of his friends brought up gays coming out of the closet he said within earshot of me "f***in dykes should just keep to themselves." That created enough of a rift between me and what i once felt for him, where now i hate him beyond describing. And we're sophomores, so i imagine freshmen could be even bigger assholes about it if they don't understand well enough.

Sadly, my advice to you is to let him go. Odds are he's not interested in guys in general, not just you. Theres no reason for you to feel like you're not good enough, he just prefers boobs over dudes. :/ Don't get too clingy like i did, cuz you wont like whats at the end of the road.

#3 ANerdWhoCares, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  4. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel really stupid, because I'm broken hearted that I finally got it through my head that this guy maybe straight and will never feel the same. It hurts to see that person happy with somebody else, and you can never have them. Combined with the stress of not being able to come out, I feel like breaking down every second.