1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After almost 5 years she's moved on w someone else and I'm lost...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lostndelirious, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Lostndelirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I spent 4 years with my ex before she called it quits last Friday telling me she didn't love me anymore and she was really interested in someone else, she told me how much she liked the guy and how bad she wanted to me and that she didn't want me to hurt anymore. I told her i suspected that because she had been really weird, like not herself for the past month that we tried to work it out, she sometimes would stop communicating for days and then would tell me her cellphone got lost when her phone was on all the time it was obviously bs, I knew she was lying but I cared about her so much, I thought I could save us I did my best because I had made so much mistakes in the past I hurt her so much and did terrible things to her yet she kept coming back to me, this time it was different she would talk to me so I could help her with school work She would see me only when I would take her out it was as if she was only using me because she was bored or that thing with the guy she is with was not formal yet, She then told me that she didn't think talking was a good idea i insisted called a couple of times text her about my feelings about how much she was hurting she ended up telling me I was annoying and she wasn't interested on being my friend. Three days before she broke up with me she told me she loved and missed me and wanted to see me, we used to live together but she moved to a different city that is when it all started to fall down but we had been through so much things. She talks to me only about the two dogs we have (they are currently in my possession) I am traveling to see my family soon and I told her the dogs could stay with her while I am away, this morning she told me she couldn't keep one of them (the one that is not train and often makes a mess and misbehaves) it turns out she is going to vegas with this guy she doesn't even feel bad telling me all this it is as if she enjoys hurting me. I can't comprehend how can someone that you spent years sleeping next to, that was your confident, your best friend, your everything can treat you like a piece of shit. My friends tell me to get over it but it is hard, I have a history of depression and anxiety since little I am not a strong person I gave so much it hurts to know someone I dedicated myself to can't even give me a decent treatment. I have been crying so much, Barely eating I miss her, more than a girlfriend as a friend. It seems like she became someone else but I just don't understand why the need to use me for an entire month if she didn't love me anymore, she says she was afraid of how I would react but I had previously offered to be her friend because I would notice her feelings were changing, she always said: no, i love you. She knows I have been hurt before, she knows that she is hurting me yet all she says is leave me alone I want to be happy I tell her I am
    not trying to bother her and I don't she is the one that texts me about the dogs and I honestly think that she does it to hurt me. My heart is in so much pain, I can't tell anyone in my family they all have their problems I feel so sad so cheated, betrayed and mostly I can't understand how can someone that once love you can call me now a mistake. I don't know what to do to get over it it is killing me inside I am failing school, I have no motivation to get out of bed we are talking to the person that told me once: you are the most wonderful thing that has happened to me, today she tells me she hates me and I get in her nerves. I know you guys might think I am a dumb ass but this is a person I fought so hard to be with someone that did so much for me and showed me so much love until last month when she started changing I feel like I deserve it for all the fucked up shit I did to her when I was drunk or just angry in the past but I also feel that doesn't give her the right to treat me that way :frowning2:

2. clain

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm so sorry to hear this.
    I registered onto this site just to write a response. I understand the pain of a breakup. I understand feeling lost and longing for that person when they are gone. In all honesty it is best to have space. I lived with my ex and when we broke up it was disastrous for us to be in the same room together. We were both young and did things that hurt each other because we lacked the emotional maturity to deal with our messy relationship.

It is very unfair of your ex to treat you this way and to drop you like this. She sounds like a douche bag but if she chooses to act like this then that is something you can't control. You need to focus on yourself and your health. Have you considered counselling? Your school should have counselors you could talk to.

IT was very disrespectful of her to up and leave a 5 year relationship for another person. The fact that she developed feelings for someone else and acted on them tells me she did not respect the relationship she was already in. It is selfish. A relationship is a 2 way street and when one person decides to quit then there is no saving it. You deserve someone that will work on a relationship with you and save their love for you.
    Saying all of that people and relationships are messy. I have made mistakes like your girlfriend did. I left my first gf when I was 20. We were engaged, she had children and we were a family. I was way too young for that type of comittment. I left because I wanted to try to be with other women. It was not fair to her. I was honest and told her what I wanted. I felt like an ass hole but it was clear to me that our relationship wouldn't work. The next relationship I jumped into was a disaster. I was really immature. I don't regret leaving that relationship though because it was wrong from the beginning and neither of us could see it at the time. But looking back I'm sure she agrees that we were not right for each other. We haven't talked in years. It hurt because she was my best friend at the time but it was best to just part ways sadly.

I told you that story because sometimes, especially with me, we only focus on the pain others have caused us when we are hurt. It is hard to see the whole relationship and situation objectively when emotions run high. We all do things to each other in romantic situations that hurt. I have cheated and been cheated on. I have rationalized my own shitty behaviour to justify why I've done the things I did. I've been hurt but I have also broken hearts. Give yourself time to heal and you will be able to reflect on things. You will likely see it was not an ideal relationship and that it was clear that she had moved on well before she became distant. I can relate to your ex and it is very complicated. It is not you that has done anything wrong. She fell in love with someone else, or she thinks she has, because she thinks that person can fulfill her needs better. But if she is anything like I was she has got issues and needs to work through them before she can ever be able to have a truly healthy relationship. It is not your fault that she wants to be with someone else. There is a difference between ending a relationship and ending a relationship to be with someone else. Especially if it was a 5 yr relationship and she is already after someone else. I guarantee she feels like a shitty human being unless she is a total sociopath. A person can't do what she did without feeling shame and guilt. She does love you and care about you. It's just easier for her to cut off communication. Honestly let her. If it bothers you that she contacts you only on her terms you have to tell her. That is completely unfair and awful. But you need to set your own boundaries with her. You are the only person that will look out for you. You have every right to set your boundaries and yu are the only person that can do that.

Don't listen to your friends. Let yourself mourn and cry all you want. Losing someone is Fucking hard and the pain is awful but that pain will go away with time. Hours will feel like years. Try not to jump into a relationship but if you do become infatuated and become romantically attached to people in your pain don't beat yourself up about it. Just use protection and be safe about it.

In my experience friends and family are really good at telling yu what you should do and give out textbook relationship advice like, "you should stay single for at least a year." Or "focus on you." "Just let her go and get over it!" Etc. But they rarely follow their own advice because being a human is messy and emotional. Shit happens. Break up sex, fights, rebound relationships, hate sex, one night stands... all of that happens during break ups and hard times and while it usually makes things worse it happens. But it really doesn't change the outcome. If you are parting ways and cutting ties it will happen.

You sound young and the greatest gift you have right now is time. Even though it is hard to contemplate at the moment this storm will become a ripple in the sea of your life eventually.