1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help finding that special someone.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ANerdWhoCares, Dec 4, 2015.

1. ANerdWhoCares

So on my last thread, I didn't get much help, so I'm trying again with a new one.

Im a gay sophomore nerd, the only openly out guy in my grade as far as i know. The Gay Straight Alliance at my school wasn't very helpful for my needs, as they targeted their help towards people who were feeling confused about what they were in terms of sexuality, something I've already conquered. My issue is finding another guy.

Like i said, I'm the only guy guy in my grade, but I'm not sure about other grades. Theres 1 gay junior couple to my knowledge, and i see people with pride ribbons on their backpacks when walking through the hallways (i have 1 too now).

Im out to everyone, asking my upperclassmen friends if theres anyone they know of, attend a GSA meeting here and there in spite of the lack of purpose, but still nothing. Im just THE gay guy. Any ideas of places i could look? :tears:

2. SparklyTaco17

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm having that same problem -.- except I'm a girl and im to scared to join gay straight alliance at school because I changed schools and I'm only out to a few pple like my mom , dad and my bestfriend -.- so i feel u.

3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's really hard to find people when you're still in high school, especially if you don't drive. I could suggest apps, but a lot of them require you to be 18 years or older, and you're only 16.

I'm going to go out on a whim and say that you're not the only gay person in your grade. It could very well be that you're the only gay person that's out of the closet in your class, so it'll be hard to find someone to be with. Like you said, GSA is all about people figuring out their sexualities. If you're patient enough, you could try sticking with the GSA and helping other guys with their accepting being gay, and who knows? You might find yourself a boyfriend.

But yes, the options for you at the moment are not too great at the moment. Hang in there.

#3 Steve FS, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  4. ANerdWhoCares

That's a plan I can get behind. Now hopefully a guy will actually show up at GSA, cuz so far it's been primarily straight or lesbian girls, and transgender girls (ftm) Fingers crossed! :confused: