1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Betrayed by my best "friend"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by heyKittie, Dec 4, 2015.

1. heyKittie

This is kinda long and confusing, but please read all of it.
    *also i am using fake names for privacy

This past week, I ended up telling 4 people who I have a crush on(who is also a girl). They all reacted pretty supportively, but now i wish I wouldn't have told anyone. Here's the (long) story:

Earlier this week, I told one of my friends, who I'm not particularly close with, and another boy, who I don't know that well, who I liked. It just seemed like I could trust them enough, and they were begging me to tell them. As far as I know, they haven't told anyone.

Then I told my best friend and my other friend who I'm pretty good friends with. Although they were my closest friends, I didn't feel 100% comfortably telling them.
    Okay, so my best friend, Bee, I've known since school started, so for about 3-4 months. But we quickly became best friends, and were inseparable. I mostly trusted her and we always hung out. The other girl, Laura, I'm not as close with, but she's already shared a lot of personal stuff with me. We've been getting closer, too.

Anyways, Bee wouldn't leave the lunch table, so I whispered that I liked this girl. They both were shocked, but didn't care that I am bi or whatever. But Bee ended up blurting out "Wait, so you're bi-" I just shushed her and said loudly "NO!" Then just told her to be quiet. I was really sure I could trust her, and wasn't sure if I could completely trust Laura. Bee kept telling me that i shouldn't trust Laura. Turns out, its the other way around.

I ended up getting anxiety about going the next day because of this, so I stayed home and refused to go to school, then went back today. Turns out my mother was wrong: not only did my fears partially come true, but it was different, in a worse way.

This morning, my bff, Bee, said that yesterday, a girl had come up to her and asked if I was gay. Bee asked her if Laura had told her, and the girl supposedly shrugged and didn't say anything. Bee said that Laura had probably told her. She then told me something about Laura that was very personal.

But when I confronted Laura, she said she didn't tell anyone, and she seemed sincere. Then Bee said that the girl who asked that said she was wondering because I was always so depressed(which I am). It sounded pretty stupid, and i was a bit suspicious, but I left it alone.

Later, during lunch, I pulled Laura aside to talk to her. Bee wasn't happy that we were whispering at the table or when we went somewhere else to talk. But me and Laura had to discuss some stuff like:

-my bff Bee had told us earlier that her other bff, Ally, told her that she had a crush on her, although she wasn't gay. But at the lunch table, Bee had just told Ally that she didn't tell anyone about who she liked. They are supposedly like sisters, really, really close friends you know?

-although it was really unlike her, Bee has been talking about her friends secrets behind their backs.

-Bee had apparently told another girl that she felt uncomfortable around me and stuff. Even though Laura tried to stop her, Bee told the girl that I am "bi or something"
    We talked about some other stuff though, too.

We had free time outside right after that, and Bee's friend was asking stuff like why were you talking about Bee? We said we weren't, and that I was just trying to talk to Laura. But her friend, who I also know, just said they didn't like me anymore. So I said OK, and me and Laura walked away to talk more.

But a couple of times Bee's friends came over to ask me stuff about what I was talking about and stuff. One girl reminded me that Bee knew all my secrets and could tell the whole school. Then Bee and her whole group, who was currently turned against me, crowded around me and started asking us questions and stuff.

They had also already replaced me with a girl who nobody likes because she is annoying. So me and Laura are trying to explain to them that we just wanted to talk about something in private, and that doesn't mean that we were talking about her. Then the annoying girl gets several inches away from my face saying "If you wanted to talk shit, why didn't you say it to our faces?" First, i don't know where she came from and she wasn't part of this. So I yelled that back and she gets closer and says "Get out of my face!" Did I mention that I hadn't moved this whole conversation?

If Laura hadn't gotten upset and walked off(because they were making fun of her) I would have beaten this bitch up. But I went to Laura, and while I was trying to comfort her my friends group was still yelling at us and harassing us. We went inside and nothing happened until after school.

After school was over, I talked to Bee and we said we were cool, but neither of us were really happy. I don't trust her anymore, and it was NOT cool how how she shared her other friends secrets.

But I think she might tell other people that I'm bi or gay "or something", and she has the whole weekend to text her friends and ruin me and Laura. She had turned my only other friends against me earlier, too. I'm just really worried because I don't want anyone to know, mainly because I'm not 100% sure of my sexuality.

What should I do? I don't want to fight with her, especially physically. But especially if she told her friends, I could be done for by Monday. Help:help:help:help:help:help:help:help:help!!!!