1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help asap

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BookWriter1994, Dec 5, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

So this person... Found the blue, yellow and pink colors of Pansexuality on my phone because I used it as a background.

To be honest, I honestly didn't know that she would know what those colors mean. And when she asked about it I did in fact try to lie because I wasn't ready to come out to her or this other person just yet because I want to be fully comfortable with who I am.

So me and her and this other person got into this huge argument about Pansexuality and what it basically means that I can sleep with anyone and I don't give a crap about what gender that they are and I am very open to it(That's what they said to me) and then they were like you don't know if you are pansexual because you haven't slept with anyone and you are not a lesbian. And they were like you are not gay or Pansexual because how would you know you haven't slept with anyone?

I was holding my tongue the whole time but I knew that what they were telling me was way wrong. Pansexuality doesn't mean what they THINK it means. IT MEANS that I can literally fall IN LOVE WITH ANYONE and gender DOES NOT MATTER TO ME AT ALL!

I am just very angry with them right now and I have no idea on how to handle this situation. These people are important to me and I need them in my life but I know who I am and what Pansexuality actually means.

How can I make them understand me and what I am?

Advice?:help::help:

2. BookWriter1994

I seriously just need some advice...

3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry your friends are behaving in such away. There, is still unfortunately a lack of education about certain forms of sexuality. I would try to be patient and polite (even though it's hard). Explain to them what's wrong about there assumptions. It may take time, but it's important that you educate them. Good luck! I hope this helped somewhat ...

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would suggest trying to educate them on what YOU know about it and give them time for it to sink in, if they are your real friends then they will come around, and maybe even apologize.

5. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree. Even the most accepting people can be a bit bewildered when surprised with new information, and that can make them act ignorantly even if they don't mean to. You have every right to be angry with them, but I'd also suggest to take the time to educate them on what being pan means to you and correct any misconceptions they have. Hopefully if they are true friends they'll come around, apologize and accept you.

6. PurlpleAurora

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is just how I feel about it.
    I am relating to you being pansexual as I do to my being trans.

I don't really like to think of myself as being trans: I don't want to label myself, and I don't want to be labeled by others. I would like to be simply known as Aria. Not Aria the trans girl.

I look at it as who the heck cares if you are pansexual. Why should they care? Shouldn't they just like you for who you are, love you for who you are, and except you for who you are if they want to be a part of your life. Further more, why should it matter to them who you Love? Who are they to dig into your life to explore you, ask you to open up; then only to judge you, and to argue and explain to you - who you are.

This to me is just aggravating. Why do people care so much what other people do in their lives, or how they lead their lives. It is almost as if, and I know this is the case for the most part. If some one does not follow the norms of society, that is: A cis heterosexual person, that leads a typical life, which is dictated by society what is and what is not normal, or typical. Any person that does not follow the form of what is not normal or typical to society will be judged to some extent.

Be you. Be who you want to be. Don't let others bring you down.
    If you care enough about these people who you speak of in your post, then gently try explain to them who you are. Explain to them that if they care about you, and who you are, then they should not judge you for who you love, or how you love that important person in your life, or what gender/orientation that person is. They should be happy for you, that you are happy.

These are just my opinions.

I am just a girl that doesn't like society, or being judged by it.