1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This guy is confusing me ..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by frxstrating, Dec 5, 2015.

1. frxstrating

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello again!

I haven't posted on here in a while, but this is where I usually resort to to deal with my problems with relationships, like right now. So, let me jump into it:

This guy confuses me.

He could totally, TOTALLY fit the exact stereotype for gay. Now, I'm not saying I like being stereotyped or that I enjoy others being stereotyped, but you can't deny what I see. His voice is a little higher, he's quite feminine, and loves new clothing.

I'm friends (friends? hmm) with him, and we talk a lot of the time we see each other. Except, lately I've been confused with where his friendship with me lies. Two days ago, he was really friendly and touchy with me; I sat in front of him at a school assembly, and he let me lean back into his legs. Of course I silently got red in the face, but the gym was pitch black (thank God). We talked a lot the rest of the day in classes and such. That day gave me feelings I had no idea I could feel. :icon_bigg I went home, expecting the same the next day.

Part two of this story leads me to the next day, or yesterday. I came to school feeling more tired than usual and sat next to him. I didn't feel like talking to him (maybe I offended him?) so I kept my quiet. I said about three words to him then got up and left to go to my locker or do whatever I did, and didn't talk to him for the rest of the day. At mass that day(I go to a Catholic private school) I tried to hug him as a sign of peace, but it was awkward. I hugged him, but he didn't hug me back, and even then I only got to hug him for about half a second before he ran off to other friends. Yesterday sucked.

But, I like him. He's nice and knows how to make me smile. How do I draw his attention back to me? I feel frustrated at myself for angering him, but I also feel like he's mad for no reason.

If any clarification is needed, just add to this thread your question. Thanks for sticking around to read this. :eusa_clap

2. baddech

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    How do you know that he is mad or frustrated? Did he express anger or frustration? What if he was feeling tired just like you were feeling tired that other day? Maybe he was thrown off by your silence that one day that he was unsure how to act the following day? I think that you should just back to him and talk and be continue as friends. It doesn't sound like any drama at all it just sounds like a simple miscommunication. Nobody is angry ya'll just two cute school boys trying to be yourselves. Go at it!

3. vinylcountdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Baddech Is right on this one 100%

Its easy to grow an expectation of how someone is going to treat you and than have it crushed when they don't, and the worst party id you often blame yourself for it. Most times when someone is treating you differently for some reason its probably an issue they are dealing with, so don't blame yourself!

My advice, Buddhism actually has a very relevant concept when it comes to disappointment. When you expect someone to treat you a certain way based on past experience your setting yourself up for disappointment. People constantly change and so do their attitudes, but that's not your fault at all. The best thing to do Is to enjoy your moments with him that are awesome, and see the bad ones for what they really are: Temporary.

Good luck man!