1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got a question that keeps me up at night

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by beautiful mess, Dec 6, 2015.

1. beautiful mess

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So there's this girl I like. She's my best friend. A while back we had a drunken one night stand and then things fell off. Now she's dating my other best friend and it's killing me. I can't help wondering if I was better in bed maybe that would be me or am I too good of a friend that she was afraid of messing things up between us? It was my first time and I can't stop thinking about it. It's one of those things that I'm not sure I want the answer to but I can't let it go either. Oh and both friends know I like her. Any advice?:bang:

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Is she out as gay or bi? If not, then it's extremely likely she's just not ready for a relationship with another girl or isn't ready to accept her feelings.

If she is out, that doesn't mean anything about what she thinks of you.
    When someone rejects you, it's easy to think they did so because you're not enough for them or they don't like you enough. Obviously, that's not the case because you guys are such great friends and still are. So that leaves some other possibilities:
    Maybe she doesn't want to wreck your friendship.
    Maybe she wasn't clear on what the one night stand meant and how serious it was.
    Maybe, while she likes you a lot as a friend, didn't feel like a romantic relationship felt right with you for whatever reason.

All these possibilities are very likely. And even though it was your first time, I'm sure if she was looking for a more romantic relationship with you that wouldn't stop her because she'd be understanding. Even then, I'm sure it went fine anyway.

I'm sorry you have to go through this too. It wasn't fair of her to enter into a relationship with someone else without explanation. But her friendship is proof that she likes you a lot, if not in a romantic way, then as a friend and she cares about you. It's also easy to think the worst-case-scenario is true when you don't have answers so try to remember that and that you really don't know why she did that so you can't assume the absolute worst. She probably wouldn't want you to feel that way if she knew.