1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you know you found the right person?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nightstep, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Nightstep

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To make things simple; I've met an amazing woman and we've only been dating a short time (2 months). But these two months have been the most fantastic time of my life. I've never been happier or felt more complete with someone who complements me so perfectly. I don't want to rush into anything and I'm not planning on it; we are enjoying the time we have together now as we will be entering a long distance relationship next year for a little while.
    The question I'm trying to get at is for those of you who are in long-term relationships/engaged/married; did you know right away that the person you were dating was the one for you? This just feels perfect and right where I belong.
    Thanks!

2. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been with my girlfriend for a little over a year. We started talking about a future together and possible marriage around 6 months or so... We have not taken that next step because of school, jobs, and I'm still coming out, but We both know that's what Each of us wants when the time is finally right.

3. Nightstep

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for your input, I appreciate it! We also have the complication of school/work and at the end of March will be long distance for about 6 months. In May 2017, I graduate and will need to be making some serious life decisions before that on where to go for work, which will hopefully include her.

4. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Around 2 months I was definitely falling hard for her but we were both very reserved and cautious about new relationships. I think we exchanged I love you's around 6 months and really started to get serious and talk about what our goals in the relationship were.

5. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm..... I have trust and abandonment issues so my answer is quite different from those who posted before me. I mean, I guess my approach is that "don't rush anything" and try to see the picture clearly despite the clouds of euphoria that you're into.

2 months is relatively young in terms of relationship. It's also when the bliss and the excitement is felt strongly, beclouding all logical senses that a person who is in love has. I call it the "Snow-White Period" where everything will be alright, will fall into place as long as we're in love.

All I am saying is just don't let yourself be lost on it that much. Enjoy the feeling while staying grounded in reality. I have concerns in the Long Distance Relationship too but I guess this is where my trust issues kicks in so don't mind me haha

Enjoy!

6. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2 months is definitiely still in that fresh and new romantic phase. But with my girlfriend, the attraction and emotion I felt with her was like no other I had experienced at 2 months. But not wanting to rush things and such I held back on making big moves and saying I love you and such until I knew she was ready. It has to be a mutual thing. I knew at 2 months there was something special about her. Now at a year and 4 months we are definitely talking long term and marriage and our future together. But still taking it slow.