1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you act on your best friend crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by oliolioli, Dec 7, 2015.

?

Did you act on the crush you had on your best friend?

1. Yes, I did

19 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. No, I didn't

43 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Not yet

24 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. oliolioli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've made a poll, but please feel free to share your stories!

I feel like a lot of people on here have had that huge crush on their best friend. I'm interested to see if you acted on it (and the extent to which you did, if you don't mind sharing details!) and what happened next.

Personally, I've got a huge crush on my best friend to the point where I think that I may love her. I won't go into it too much, but I have a suspicion that she is at least bi-curious, and am just weighing up my options at the moment.

Would love to hear some tales of hindsight - whether you've acted on it and regretted it, acted on it and been happy that you did, or maybe you didn't act on it, but you wish you did. Or it was for the best that you didn't!

Really interested to hear some responses guys! :slight_smile:

Olivia

2. Distant Echo

Can we have a "not yet" answer please :wink:

3. oliolioli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I actually tried to add one right after I made the poll! I couldn't figure out how to do it :eusa_doh:

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Option added :slight_smile:

In my case, no, i keep it to myself.

5. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have no idea what to do about it. It's tearing me up and I feel like she's sending me mixed signals and she's said that she's straight but I can't be without her but I can't risk losing our friendship and ARGH. :bang:

Best friend crushes are the worst, kids. The worst.

6. Distant Echo

And the best...

I'm not ready to give up on mine. But, like you, I can't risk losing her.

7. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had the biggest crush on my best friend back when I was 16. I had experimented with a different friend when I was much ypunger, but this was just so much more intense. This was the first time I had felt such an emotional connection to a guy. I completely adored him and just wanted to be around him all the time. Finally, when I could hold it in no more, I wrote him a letter professing my feelings and that I knew he was straight but just had to get it off my chest. I wish something could have happened, but I don't regret having told him at all.

8. AnotherStranger

I didnt. Although im 100% sure she knew what I was feeling better than I did.
    I was silly, looking back, Im sure she would have said yes.Her signals were so obvious I dont understand why I didnt see it clear. I think she was at least bicurious (she has never been with a girl and its been 10 years). At least she liked to play me and she went way further than I did to see my reactions. But I was in denial and a fool T___T she gave me so many chances!

She wasnt my best friend but my second best friend though

9. Manix

Manix Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It went better than expected but it was a fling and not long term. Chemistry between us is better for a night and not a length of time.

10. Acuba403

I think he's straight. So no.

11. I did, and I don't regret it because even though she was straight it made our friendship stronger because I was honest with her. At the end it went wrong though and I'm not sure it's because of that but we don't even talk anymore now :frowning2:

I think I have a pretty big crush on one of my other very close friends know, and I'm really doubting whether or not to tell them. My friends all say we'd be cute together but I not sure if they'd be into me. I am kinda trying to flirt with them though so I hope it works out.

12. africanFlower

yeah I acted on it, surprisingly it went well eventually. I had asked her out in high school but she said no. when we went to varsity, the same one, she would get jealous if I showed interest in other girls, so after years of being best friends and her being jealous of girls I would talk to she finally asked me out (well I asked her first, again! but she said no to me, only to find out that she wanted to ask me out) so now we are together. does what I said even make sense, tried to really, LIKE REALLY, compress the story.

13. molsen7961

I acted on mine just yesterday. I told her I liked her, and she likes me back...so I know have my first girlfriend :slight_smile:

14. AnotherStranger

aaaw so happy for you :slight_smile:

15. klix

No, he still doesn't know, even when there was this dramatic outing of him, which had nothing to do with me, but somehow I got partially blamed for, I still said nothing... I came out recently, he said nothing, I am not sure if he is even gay, or what...

We've drifted apart, so the feeling isn't really there, but we were so good together, I remember one time when I accidentally saw him naked, looking back I wish I had made a move, we used to wrestle on each others beds for god sakes...

16. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Liked her for four months, then steeled myself and forced myself to get over it. I'm still very proud of myself for having the emotional fortitude to let her go. She was my first female crush. And now we're still best friends, and I can honestly say I don't like her romantically.

17. VideoGAYmer

VideoGAYmer Guest

I'm only out to him and one other person, he's only out to me and a couple of others. If we try anything now it'll spoil the secret and we're only on year 8, too early for relationships in my opinion.

We're still besties though

#17 VideoGAYmer, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  18. oliolioli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    my god this just described my whole entire experience with my best friend honestly i don't know how much longer i can keep it a secret for!!!!!!!!! (i'm dying seriously)

19. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I did act on a best friend but very carefully or jokingly at first. The "joking" about it was responded to equally in return slowly. It was a slow progressive experience that ended in such a special relationship and first experiences.

20. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it weird that I never had a crush on any of my best friends? By the time I figured out I liked guys as well, even then, I kept seeing all my guy friends as just that. It never saw them as 'men', if you will.