1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Vibes Coming From Mom

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayPugs, Dec 7, 2015.

1. GayPugs

My dad grew up religious and my mom grew up atheist yet still my dad seems WAY more relaxed about the whole lesbian thing. When I talk to my dad he's just like my friends. When I talk to my mom, it's WEIRD. She stutters and talks differently and sometimes she takes a minute to think about what to say next. She says she's fine with it but the vibes I'm getting are, "HOMOPHOBE, HOMOPHOBE, HOMOPHOBE!!!" When I talk to her about it, she's says I'm being ridiculous and she's completely fine with my sexuality but she still gives me the homophobe vibes!!! Please help, I can't take it anymore! :help: :tears:

2. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's hard to say what to make of this. She may not necessarily be a homophobe, but she may not know how to take it exactly. She's probably somewhat nervous and uncomfortable/disappointed about it, and she is not wanting to hurt you. She stutters because she doesn't want to show her feelings of being uncomfortable. If she were really a "homophobe", chances are she would be angry and hateful towards you..... since that hasn't happened I doubt she is really homophobic.

3. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Id say your in a pretty good situation in comparison to those whose parents have become abhsive due to their sexuality both physically and emotionally. However, I understand your frustration and your feelings are valid.
    Give her time, she will become more comfortable and relaxed once she becomes more at ease with it and understands that your sexuality doesn't define you as a person

4. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Id say your in a pretty good situation in comparison to those whose parents have become abhsive due to their sexuality both physically and emotionally. However, I understand your frustration and your feelings are valid.
    Give her time, she will become more comfortable and relaxed once she becomes more at ease with it and understands that your sexuality doesn't define you as a person