1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't stand it...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by conflictedmetro, Dec 7, 2015.

1. conflictedmetro

If you read my previous post, then you know about my problems with my crush. If not, then here's a short outline:

I am in high school, a senior this year. There's this one guy (also a senior) who I've had a crush on since grade nine. He's literally beautiful, the most amazing voice, cutest face, and a near perfect body. He's also a genius (maybe I'm boosting a little) he's one of those damn 'high achievers' in school, which I don't mind cause I like him a lot. Now I'm not saying that I'm trying to get into his pants, but I can hardly stand not being close to him. I think he might be gay cause of what I think to be various signals he's been sending me, but there's no safe way for me to confirm it. The dudes exhibited an exceptional amount of stereotypes (i.e. metrosexuality), he's gone over the top with the "accidentally" homosexual puns, and he takes far too much care of his body (I don't need to, I've got an excessively high metabolism).

Obviously, I have an undeniably huge crush on him; I can hardly look at him for more than two seconds at a time and our 'conversations' don't last more than a few seconds at a time. I want to get to know him, even if not on an intimate level, but we're hardly friends and because of that, every single time I've seen his face is deeply ingrained into my memory.

He's already asked me if I was gay, but I kept silent--something I probably shouldn't have done cause now, he can assure himself of one of two things: I'm gay or questioning. :eusa_doh:

My last post didn't really garner much help and I'm hoping that more people can give me advice this time. I want to tip him off that I have a crush on him, but I have no idea how to do so.

He outdoes me in every regard, I'm not even sure if I have a chance, but I like him a lot and any help would be greatly appreciated, even experiences of your own, if you're willing to share.

BTW I haven't had a single other crush on anybody else since grade nine... I'm head over heels in love. :bang:

#1 conflictedmetro, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I would ask him why he asked if you're gay. Maybe try saying Hi to him when you pass each other.

3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The little signal that you gave him about your sexuality can turn into a good thing. I mean, suppose you do want to get in a relationship with him, you'll have to come out as gay sooner or later, right? :slight_smile: In fact, coming out to him is pretty crucial to start something.

But before you proceed, you have to find a way to have a connection with him. Is there a chance you guys can get a little social? Perhaps between class, or during lunch time, or some after school club? Is he part of a club that you could possibly join? There needs to be some kind of commonality between you two.

I would caution you, however. Considering the fact that you guys don't know each other that well, he might reveal some details about himself that may put you off, and you might end up inevitably crushing your... crush. It's happened plenty of times with people, including me.

So I recommend taking it slow at first. Start with the friendship. Good luck!

#3 Steve FS, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  4. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey, that's a lot like my story.
    So I met this guy in my junior high and fell for him.
    He asked you whether you're gay right, its a gret sign. I think you should go ahead and try to befriend him. You cant just ask him out without knowing him right!:slight_smile:
    So I suggest do as Steve FS said earlier, find a common link between you and try and befriend him around it :slight_smile:
    All the best!

5. conflictedmetro

I would ask him... In fact, I've been debating that option for quite a while now, but since I didn't ask him why when he initially posed the question, I feel like I might send the wrong (or right) message.

---------- Post added 8th Dec 2015 at 08:35 AM ----------

I don't have a huge range of interests. The few extracurriculars that our school offers don't encompass much of those interests so I don't join them. Those same extracurriculars are the ones that he joins. Also, with the demanding schedule at our school, there's barely any time to spend time together outside of school unless you make time for each other personally. This poses a huge problem for me cause, as I said before, we're not very close.