1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to break up with my boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RavenTheRat, Dec 8, 2015.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi guys
    So I just..........*sigh*

There are just too many problems. At least for me......

I'm not good for him or to him. My anxiety has increased threefold since I first got into a relationship, and I snap all the time now. Plus... I don't feel like he understands my gender orientation. He treats me like a girl, and I tried to overlook it but I can't. I'm just.... not happy. I was so desperate to be IN a relationship that I tried to convince myself I was happy. But......
    I don't want to do this any more. In all honesty, the only reason I haven't broken up with him yet is... he told me that when his last girlfriend broke up with him... I don't know. The way he said it, it made him sound like he became suicidal. I can't...... I can't have another person I need to be afraid for. I already have too many people I could lose every day to their own hand.

And he..... he says that he hates his family, and that the only person he cares about is me. I just.... I'm afraid for him, what will happen to him, if I break up with him. But I can't do this. I'm miserable. It's just not the kind of relationship I want.

But I feel like a total and complete asshole. I...... I don't know. I've told him I loved him, and I think that I did. But I don't anymore at least.

This entire thing is because I'm afraid of what it will do to him if we break up. And... I'm a coward. If I do break up with him, I'll probably be that asshole who breaks up over text, because I'm concerned about what I might do to MYSELF if I see how much I hurt him. I made my mom a little sad once and I ripped my hair out.
    I'm running away. But I want to hide. I wish I could just go back and unhappen all of this.
    I've never done this before, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Help?

2. robclem21

Sometimes you need to take care of yourself first and foremost. If you are not happy, then it is not healthy to stay in a relationship. I know it will be hard in the immediate future, but trust me when I say that it will get better, he will be alright (people are surprisingly resilient) and you will both move on and find people you can be happy with.

Staying in a relationship like this could only spiral worse and will only get harder to leave the longer you wait. feeling trapped is a horrible feeling but you need to do whats best for you.