1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is This Supposed To Mean?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Contact1111, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Basically, I am in an odd situation. I have told my parents about my sexuality, and they have asked a lot of annoying questions and said some upsetting things. However, they have told me they love and accept me regardless. They also seem like they may be understanding a bit more and coming around. However, I overheard something that I can't figure out a while back. Basically, I have a habit (about other things too) of asking my parents things like, "Will you ever speak to me again?" They say it's like I'm on a loop with it. Well, I asked my Mom something to the effect of whether they would never speak to me again for reasons related to my sexuality. At first, she said, "Is that really the most important thing whether or not your parents speak to you?" Then, she said that yes she would still speak to me in any event. They both said this and assured me of this a number of times after as well. However, I overheard the following conversation that is concerning me:

Dad: Why do you always say vague things when he asks that stuff, it's like your trying to incite
    Mom: Says something I can't remember
    Dad: Why did you act uncertain about whether we would speak to him?
    Mom: Well there would be..... In the moment I couldn't figure out what she was saying there would be
    Later on...... Dad is trying to assure me and asks my Mom, "Were you uncertain about whether we'd speak to him?"
    Mom: There's uncertainty in life (she often says things like this, saying that she can't say if something could happen to them basically)

They did ultimately both assure me that they would never cut off contact with me, but I'm concerned about the "well there would be" comment and what that was referring to. They say that they would always love me, but could she have been saying she might never speak to me again :eek: