1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Celibate

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ryuji35, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've just read about Tim Tebow and his refusal for pre-marital sex and I have a HUGE CRUSH on him since like ages ago and that idea, if abhorring for everyone else, seems just made me more in love with him!

Question.... is there such a thing as a gay celibate? Who waits for the "right guy"? Gosh, how I would LOVE to be with someone like Tim Tebow :/

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey! I'm lesbian but yes there are Christian LGBTQ people out there like me that are choosing to wait to sex until we're married and there are probably some non Christians who feel similarly

3. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that must have been tough :frowning2: I wonder if there are gay males who managed to do what Tim Tebow did.

(!)

4. dreamer2891

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm Gay and Celibate but not as a choice, its more a feeling that I don't want to pursue partnered sex. I deal with my own sexual urges very satisfactory!

is there a difference between being celibate and just 'not having sex'

5. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think there is. IMHO Celibate is choosing not to have sex till you feel like you've met the right person to have it with, thus cherishing it. This can be you finding the right person or getting married to the right person. Celibacy can be long or short depending on how quickly you meet "the one"

Not having sex is you choosing not to have sex because you don't feel like having it. This can be for any period of time, long or short.

6. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm gay celibate if such a category exist , I don't find sleeping with any other person very appealing, I have and probably will wait for the right guy, if not marriage atleast till we are in a serious relationship!

7. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you! :slight_smile: I am glad some people want something real instead of just releasing sexual urges to anyone they like

8. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

To be celibate is not to have sexual intimacy with another. Some (like devout Catholics and conservative Protestants) would add it also means no masturbation.

There are more celibates out there than people realize, even some men. I personally know two straight men who are choosing to be celibate after their spouses died so they can save themselves for their future wives.

One single Christian man I know believes so strongly in celibacy that it was one of the causes of the break-up with his girlfriend because she wanted to go all the way before marriage, and he didn't.

I once asked a single man in his 30's how he has managed to stay celibate, and he said "It's all in my head. I have to control my thoughts and fantasies. I have to set the boundaries firmly in my head before a date." He got married to a wonderful woman at age 40.

I asked one divorced man (his wife left him for another man after they raised 5 kids together) how he is dealing with no sex. He said, It's not easy. At my age I actually miss the affection and cuddling, just the closeness with a woman more than the sex. I offer my purity to God as a kind of sacrifice. It will also be a gift I offer my next wife, if I marry again). This fellow also refrains from masturbation. though I told him I do not believe that is a burden God places on a single Christian.

I know a Catholic single gay man who is celibate. He goes to a support group called Courage which has about 8 gay men and 2 lesbians where he lives.

Personally, I do not think sex outside of a committed relationship is the best sex.

9. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dunno if I will feel good for him or bad :/ But I am just happy some guys like him still exist!

Celibate because he is waiting for the right one or just celibate due to his beliefs?

10. dreamer2891

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think Celibacy by choice and belief is quite a tough call and surely your suppressing something - it doesn't seem heathy!

me on the the other hand - its just a feeling based choice, and i could and would have sex if I wanted - and will? or maybe not? nothing is suppressed!

I think there are gay men who don't have much sex because they have either lower sex drives/its not a driving force and/or they may be on the asexual spectrum as well as gay (homoromantic asexual) - so you could have gay Demi-sexuals (don't feel arousal until they've got to know someone).