1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding someone like me..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mere0324, Dec 8, 2015.

1. mere0324

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone.I'm new to online support groups/forums but am looking for others like me. I identify as a lesbian but I'm married to a transman. When we started dating and for the first few years of our relationship my husband identified as a lesbian and was biologically female. He came out to me halfway through wedding planning and about three years into our relationship. I decided we could make it work and I love him regardless. He started hormones right around the time we got married. It has been 11 months since he started testosterone now and I do his shots for him. He had also had top surgery so far and is talking about bottom surgery. I am struggling with all of th e changes and my own identity through all of this. I have been feeling more depressed and is am worried about how bottom surgery might affect our relationship. I feel like I have lost a part of my identity as a lesbian woman and am struggling with intimacy...can anyone relate? I would like to find some new friends and people to talk to about these challenges who understand which I don't really have now.