1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After 4 months, he emailed me again.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by StartANewLifE, Dec 10, 2015.

1. StartANewLifE

So 4 months ago, I was dating this guy. After our third date. My communication with him was lost. He didn't reply to any of my messages. And I'm like fine. So be it. The thing is nothing bad happened with those dates and I find it questionable that he vanished just like that.

Then yesterday, I received an e-mail from him. He said he was robbed and lost his phone. Should I give him another chance or should I just let it go? Given that it was four months since we last talked?

2. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

Seeing that we are in the same country (lol) It's most probably he really did lose his phone from robbery. :grin:

But seriously, ask first why email just now? If he has your email address anyway, why resume the contact just now?

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I don't buy the BS about his phone. As the previous poster said... he had your email. If he isn't authentic enough to own up to waiting 4 months to respond, you're likely going to have other authenticity issues with him.

I'd let it go.

4. AlexLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know in some countries its hard to get a new phone and dose take along time to do so. Maybe he had a hard time getting access to a computer as well. Perhaps his phone was his means of internet communications.

Than again, maybe it is a load of B.S.
    I tend to go off the grid myself. Maybe that's just what happened as well. The reason I go off grid is because I get to involved and my anxiety and other issues pop up and I just need time to get away and draw myself and thoughts together again. Maybe he did the same or needed to do the same.

5. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I think it is time to move on. I don't know who he is so I can't judge his character and you may not know him very well either. I mean you could always just message him what happen and see what he comes up with. But just thinking of old friendships, 4 months is a long time to not talk to someone, regardless of the circumstances. Did he think you would just wait forever? I'd move on.

6. StartANewLifE

Thanks guys for your advice. I have no feelings for the guy anymore, unlike when we were dating, when I thought it would go somewhere. 4 months has been a long time, and within a month that he was gone, I already gave up on him (deleting his number/email everything). And now he's popping up out of nowhere, questionable timing.