1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naive and a little scared...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Grounded Eagle, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Grounded Eagle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys, I'm starting to get really nervous. If you know me from previous posts, you'll remember I am a really shy guy. Well, I am also very naive about people. I've never been in a relationship before or even flirted with another guy (except once on the internet...), and I'm now in a new situation in life where I'm making gay friends and just barely having the possibility of finding someone.

The thing is, no matter how clear and rational my thought process, I always subconsciously view every new guy I meet as a possible boyfriend, even if we've barely spoken. It's like I can't help but expect on some deeper level beyond my control that he'll like me, I'll like him, and in a week we'll be dating.

NOT that I ever consciously think those things. I know that relationships take a long time and don't always work out. And I don't come across that way either. I'm so shy that I usually just seem very polite. However, there's always this naive part of me that treats every friendly gesture as a sign that he likes me. I tell myself "it's okay to just be friends." But the lonely and the curious parts of me take over and all logic gets tossed out the window.

What I'm afraid of is that my first relationship will be a disaster because I'm so naive. I'm afraid that I'll rush into it with a guy who doesn't suit me, all because he paid attention to me, I'm too eager, and I don't know how relationships really work.

:help:

2. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Relationships aren't always easy. And sometimes we mess up and fail a couple times, even with relationships. I'm sure there are many places to learn about relationships and even people on here who can help in that area.

I would just think you should start by making friends with people, and not think every person is someone you're gonna date. Who says that a first relationship is suppose to go oh so well, anyway? All I can say is that you never know how it is going to go and most likely if you think your relationship is gonna fail, it probably will. Live and learn. Don't stress so much about it, okay. :slight_smile: