1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on confusing guys :) and everything in between!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by woahthatsboring, Dec 11, 2015.

1. woahthatsboring

So guys, this is not a same sex relationship problem. Sorry lol. It's more like a girl(me) and guy one but since we're all humans either way without our sexual orientation... Maybe someone can help me with my problem (&&&)

Background info:

I recently started to like this guy who I used to like YEARS ago(something's never change :grin:) however he's super weird. And I'm the completely opposite of him! Oh and not that being weird is bad. I actually like weird, separates them from all the other douches in my opinion but it's just complicating to flirt with him. Plus, I'm never sure what the next step should be.

For example- today. I was walking into a computer lab with a friend of mine(and his too) to finish a project. We needed to sit by each other so I kicked him out of his seat, not literally of course. I leaned over him and placed my hand over his, which was on the mouse, to log off but he pulled me into this *awkward hug/hold* and instead our friend logged out for him. However, I point out WHEN SHE WAS LOGGING HIM OUT-NOT ONCE DID HE TRY TO STOP HER OR LET ME OUT OF THE EMBRACE so in my head I'm thinking that means something? I don't know. Then afterward he jokingly took my phone and I took his keys, we gave them back to each other later though. Also, he kept looking at what I was doing but not directly at me...

Anyways, some days are good like this. We talk a lot and other days we don't say a word to each other. Now I'm on countdown for the next progressive step to take because I'm only going to be in class with him for 2 days! (Only a semester long course)

What am I supposed to do? Ahhhh.

Sorry for my rant, hope someone shines their opinion on this. I don't want to ask my own friends because they're too judgmental :eusa_naug

2. Repona

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It sounds like he's the type (I'm that type, weird and goofy. Mer.) that would shy away from actual confrontation and blunt talk about how you feel about him. So you really would need some subtle, albeit forward move to grab his attention. I'd say just do what most do. Ask him to a movie or something. You aren't pulling him aside and saying you're in love or anything, just asking to do something extra-curricular. :3

And don't take 'no' as an end-all-be-all! He could be extra shy about it and just be nervous. If he is against it, give him some time and try again with something else. If he feels the same way, or just needs a push to show that he does, he probably just needs an opening like we all do. Just a way to start up the relationship even if it's a small gesture. :3

Incidentally, that whole mouse/logging-out/awkward-hug scenario is right up there with pulling a girl's pigtails. He needed a way to interact with you that wouldn't be outright showing how he feels. Give it a shot!! XD

3. woahthatsboring

Awesome!! Thanks for your response! :slight_smile:

4. Repona

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Anytime :3