1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to being gay and confused af

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by nunya, Dec 11, 2015.

1. nunya

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've always been a shy kid and knew I was gay for a while but never really confronted it. Recently, I joined our high school band and one kid which I think is gay has been being really nice and friendly and occasionally touching me. He always smiles when I talk to him and sometimes just randomly touches my arm or puts his head on my shoulder. We've been friends for like 5 months and we never came out to each other so I'm confused if he thinks I'm gay and hitting on me (I'm pretty feminine) or just being a touchy straight dude. He asked me to put my hand in his pocket which I think is him thinking that we could be more than just friends but I could be wrong. I see him get touchy with other dudes but not nearly as much. He's also kind of secretive about it. I really like him and I guess I'm just wondering what to do next.

Sorry for this giant rant I'm just really lost and need some guidance just writing this makes me nervous :/

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He could like guys, or he couldn't. You never really know until someone tells you (even then they may not know themselves). So, try to make your own choices that create opportunities. The most direct option would be to come out yourself and say you like him (or wait a little after coming out). Maybe you could discuss LGBT issues and your own ideas. You could also be flirtatious with him, like giving compliments or asking to hang out one-on-one.

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does sound like you might be on to something, however - as Resu quite rightly points out, we can't tell you definitively one way or another. :frowning2: The only person who can tell you all about his sexuality is the boy in question! I think Resu hit on a good tip there - if you can find a way to raise LGBT topics in conversation, it's sometimes interesting to guage someone's reaction. If he responds positively, it at least indicates that he's friendly towards gay people - even if he turns out to be straight. If he isn't completely straight - at least it's a way of also showing him that you're okay with that. :icon_wink It's a good way to lay the foundations for a deeper conversation about sexuality at some point.