1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else have bi siblings?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HeraldofSithis, Dec 13, 2015.

1. HeraldofSithis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So yesterday I confirmed that my sister was bi. She told a family member and he spread it around, so I actually knew before she told me. Anyway I am bi too (but I think I fall more on the gay side) and was actually planning on telling her next summer. I just feel like I'll really upset my parents if they knew both of their children were bi. My mum knows about sis but I'm not sure about my religious father (his whole side is religious and I really can't stand the majority of them). But my actual question is "Are there any others in a similar situation to me and what did you do about it"? :help::bang:

2. crazydiamond

My sister told me she might be gay like two years ago. She was single and thought it would be "easier" to be with a woman. She's drunkenly made out with girls before but never slept with one (that I know of). At the time I thought I might be bi but I didn't come out to her because I was still confused. She never told our mother and never said anything else about it because the next thing I knew she was with a guy again. I'm kind of assuming she's bicurious because she hasn't said otherwise. I finally came out to her last year and she was cool with it and said she thinks again that it's easier and asked me how "girl sex" works. I honestly don't know what her deal is, but we don't really speak anymore so I don't care. All I know is, I'm the only one who came out to the family.

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, my sis identifies as bi but much more straight leaning apparently. Because I asked her a few weeks ago if she still identified like that (she's 11) and she shrugged and said "I guess". It doesn't bother me either way, I don't care if she is or isn't.

4. HeraldofSithis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do you think I should come out to my sister? I don't think she'd judge, but I think if I do that I'll sort of "confirm" that I am bi. It sounds weird but maybe it's because I still haven't fully accepted that I am bi.

5. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Share when comfortable for you. I have a huge family and different orientations within. I'm bi and my father is transgender. I don't think your sister would judge you. Understand if you tell one it could open wide up to all.

6. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, but she does not admit it to herself. She seems to be quite comfortable with it and everything, but she insists that she is completely straight.... and that all girls secretly want to sleep with other girls. However, she slept with another woman..... and really liked it. She even went out on a date with another woman once, although she did say she found that 'weird'. She also has said that she checks out other women in a sexual sort of way....... of course, in her world "all girls are into other girls sexually even if they are completely straight like her"...... denial at it's finest. Honestly though, there is some truth in what she's saying I think. Most people probably have a certain level of repressed attraction to the same sex, even though they don't admit it. However, I think it's pretty clear that she really just does like girls..... and she would probably be genuinely better off if she just admitted to herself that she is bi rather than deluding herself into thinking she is "straight". However, when she says these things and talks about how hot she finds other girls.... but that she's completely straight.... I just pretend to go along with her..... and even play into the "yeah everybody's like that but they just don't admit it" stuff that she's always saying. I also wouldn't ever say anything to her about my own sexuality, because she would probably make fun of me about it since she makes fun of "gay" people....... and of course she's "completely straight" in her version of reality.

#6 Contact1111, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  7. randomconnorcon

We've made jokes about my brother a lot and he used to act really horrified when he was young, but then he got older and kind of just shrugged it off in that easy way where you just know that he won't feel weird if anyone else was but he's just straight and you see it you wanna believe him. I don't talk to my sister enough to really know. And my other siblings are 9, 6 and 3 (almost), so I don't know yet. Though me and dad tell people not to make assumptions about the youngest three, especially the baby because he's like me in pretty much every way except he's blond. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So right now, in my immediate family, we have me, my cousin and two uncles. I wouldn't mind a sibling, someone to share things with, but my cousin and I are close despite the five year age gap so I have that anyway.

#7 randomconnorcon, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  8. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My sister is openly lesbian and I'm questioning and discovering my own sexuality. My sister knows about my gay experiences but before I really have figured out my own feelings I decided not to tell my parents. Although I think my parents assume I'm gay since I have never dated anyone.

My mom has this annoying habit of assuming any female I hang out with is my girl friend and then she gets super excited, pushy and trying to get me to marry her. I don't want that to happen with my male friends.

9. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a gay brother. He came out to my parents and I when he was 25ish. It was kind of a roller coaster for a while with my parents, especially since he had to move back in with them due to financial and other issues. None of us have ever really been that close to our parents that we talk about our personal lives with them so I know it was hard for him to do. Well, I had been battling the same feelings for a while and four years later, I finally came out to my family. My parents and my gay brother know. We have another brother who is straight, married, and quite religious. He knows about my brother, but I haven't told him about me. I think already having been through one coming out made it a little easier for my parents to kind of accept it, but still not any easier for me. Even though my brother lives at home, he and my parents don't really talk much so my mom started with the prying questions when I told her I have a girlfriend. I wish I was closer to my parents and it would be easier to talk about, but I'm just dealing with the hand I'm dealt right now.

10. HeraldofSithis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey. Well I mentioned in an earlier post that I planned on coming out to my sister. I did it last night and it didn't go that well. Initially I asked when she knew she was and she asked why. So I waited a while and told her.
    She was like "why do you think you're bi?", "theres a difference between being attracted to guys and wanting to be in a relationship with one" (really? Why would i say I'm bi or gay if I was not sexually attracted to men too?). So I basically have to EXPLAIN how I've had feelings for boys since hitting puberty, even down to what I watch, just to get her to believe me.
    Then she says that I should tell mum because a) she deserves to know and b) its too much stress for HER to deal with now (because she's busy with uni coursework (-__-)). I was like why are YOU stressed (am I not the one who's literally opening his heart here??). She proceeds to say that I have trouble making friends as it is, because I "stand out" or something.
    The whole thing was a load of bull and I knew it wasn't gonna work the moment she basically had me "prove" I was bi. I still feel like crying. The only reason I told her was because we were getting closer and in the same position. I understand that we have different ways of dealing with things too, but I honestly think telling someone that you're too stressed to take it onboard now and that YOU'RE not sure if I'M bi is an extremely :***: way of dealing with it.

I think I'll just slink back into the closet and not say anything anymore

11. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My brother isn't bi; he's just kind of girly. I dunno. I wouldn't be too surprised if he was, but assuming he's not--- No, I have no Bi siblings. Or relatives. Or pets. Or anyone in my family. Well actually, I have no way of knowing about my pets. But probably not.

But man, that sucks. I mean, I really know that invalidating feeling well. It's horrible. Like, "You experience things differently from me, therefore your feelings are false."
    I've been through that before. Horrible. Well it's not true. There are people like you, just so you know. :slight_smile: Be strong, and don't be afraid to be who you are.

#11 Linus, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  12. MetalRice

My sister-in-law is bi.