1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Girlfriend's Parents Hate Me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gaypiglet, Dec 14, 2015.

1. gaypiglet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My girlfriend and I love each other, and my parents and family fully support us, however her parents don't like that she's in a relationship. They don't mind her being lesbian, but they think she's too young for a relationship like this (we're both 15).

I'm currently finding it incredibly difficult to deal with it right now as it's the holidays, and they limit the time she gets to see me. So far it's just once a week for a couple of hours and I just can't take it, it hurts so much that I can't see her because of her parents.

I don't know how to deal with my emotions on the situation right now, I need advice from people other than my family and friends.

Thanks

2. Distant Echo

Does she get out of the house on her own? To window shop, watch a movie etc? Can you arrange time out of the house?

Now, and I apologize in advance if I offend you or anyone else. You state your gender as non-binary. Not knowing what gender you were assigned at birth makes it harder to suggest ideas. Do they know you are non-binary? Do they understand you are non-binary or are they seeing you as your assigned at birth gender? Are the two of you engaging or considering engaging in sex?

I'm trying to see this from her parents point of view, what their concerns might be. If we can figure out what exactly they are concerned about, you might be able to find a way to talk to them about those concerns.