1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing guy, hopeful me.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SHIELDAgentAlex, Dec 16, 2015.

1. SHIELDAgentAlex

So, at my school, there are guys. There are straight guys, transguys, and statistics dictate that I'm not the only gay one. But this guy…he's special. And he's confusing me so much.

I like him. I really, really like him. And I think he could feel the same. So let's review the evidence, shall we?

He's single. He's a nice guy, drop-dead gorgeous, and he could have a girlfriend. His lack of one seems to indicate that he doesn't want one. Why would a guy not want a girlfriend?

His relationship with me. I share one class with him, Algebra. There's a guy that sits between us, a rather large guy. And yet, this dude-let's call him Riley-goes out of his way to talk to me, around this guy. He will ignore the attractive girl that tries to talk to him, in favor of talking to me, and he nearly drags me back to him when we can work with partners. And when I moved seats for a day, he was so excited that he was jumping up and down in his chair. One day, when we were talking after leaving class, I said that I hated everyone. He-and I kid you not, here-put his arm around my shoulder and said "Everyone besides me, right?" When I wasn't feeling good, he took one look at me, got up from his seat, sat next to me, and wouldn't move until he was satisfied I wasn't sick. And one day, when I didn't speak to him (my dad was being a jerk and I was pissed), he just sort of…sat there. The next day, he practically jumped on me to find out what was up.

Thirdly, his reactions. I wear a rainbow bracelet to school, and when we were working together the girl who tries to talk to him complimented it. I said it was my "gaycelet", and he said "Wait, you're gay!?" and just sorta ducked his head like he was trying to hide.
    The day after that, we were walking through the hall to second hour (our rooms are neighboring), and one of my other friend's girlfriends was in front of us as we talked. She turned around and said "Alex, why don't you just ask Riley out?" He blushed, and practically ran off, down a different hallway.
    Then, I told my friends that I liked him, knowing that one of them can't keep secrets. He told Riley, and the next day in math, he came in, took a look at me, almost blushed-like he was trying to hold it back-and came and sat right next to me. He hasn't moved seats since.

So, what do you guys think? Is this wishful thinking, should I wait for him to say something, or should I tell him or what?

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's so effing cute, but I wouldn't be too hopeful just yet. If he is gay, he doesn't seem have come to terms with his sexuality, and he might still be uncomfortable with the thought.

Maybe you should wait a few days to see what happens, and how he reacts. This news is still fresh for him (I'm assuming he learned that you liked him relatively recently), so you want to let it simmer and see how he takes it.

Then you consider telling him :slight_smile:

Good luck!

3. SHIELDAgentAlex

Yeah, I just told my friends last week. Thank God one of them can't keep a secret to save his life.

4. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yea... that's kind of a crappy friend, though :X. I'd be so mad if they told my crush that I liked them. Livid.

5. SHIELDAgentAlex

I would be too, but I planned this one out. If he told Riley, I could see how he reacted. And I'm glad for that little sociopathic part of me, since now I have more evidence to his liking me.

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    That's... pretty clever. Sucks that you have a crappy friend.

7. SHIELDAgentAlex

Yeah. Dude can be a bitch.

Anyway, today, this happened:

Me: *listening to iPod while I work, singing along with Jared Leto*

Riley: *staring at me*

I notice that he's staring, and I stop and look at him. He says "No, don't stop. You…I…like…you…singing. Yeah, that."

And then he buried his face in a book, while the teacher (who had been watching) tried not to laugh.

8. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my god! That was so cute. I really imagine Riley as a cute, shy guy.

9. ImHappy247

Out Status:
    All but family
    So if the question is whether he likes you or not, I'd say the answer is yes he really really really likes you. Now, if the question is what to do about it, I'd say nothing at all, at least for now. It seems like things are going just well so why rush it? Let him be cute to you all he wants to and if you feel things going a little bit serious between the two of you then ask away. Maybe try to express some of your feelings for him the way he does with you. Tell him he looks really good one day (I guess he looks good everyday but you can't say it all the time cause it loses potency) but yeah, I wouldnt ask him the big question just yet.

Either way lots of luck, he seems like a really nice guy and so do you. Peace~

10. SHIELDAgentAlex

What's hilarious is that, normally, he's really loud and outgoing.

11. Magenta Mucus

He sounds like the perfect shy guy, but you say he is usually loud and outgoing? Which indicates that he is only shy with you?

I'd have asked him out long ago, even if he wasn't that cute.

12. SHIELDAgentAlex

I almost did today, and it was for the most nerdy reason ever. I paraphrased a Nietzsche quote (He who does math should see to it that he himself does not begin to enjoy it), and he said "And if you gaze long enough at a scantron, the scantron gazes also at you."

So, yeah…dropdead gorgeous, sweet, funny, and he can quote Nietzsche from memory? WTF, that's basically everything I love in a guy!

13. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Keep us posted this is adorable good luck! -<3

14. SHIELDAgentAlex

UPDATE:

He messaged me, which is truly bizarre, considering how he never even responds when I do the same.

He messaged me three times?

--Checking--

Alright, first message is "Saw this and thought of you." Then a YouTube link.

Second is "shit wrong person"

Third is another link.

I'm thinking I'll watch them, from last to first.

15. SHIELDAgentAlex

UPDATE:

Nvm, not tonight. Got distracted by a bowl of cereal.

16. SHIELDAgentAlex

Alright, watched the second video.

It's a bunch of people falling on the ice. LOL. Once I'm done with this one, on to the mistake!

---------- Post added 23rd Dec 2015 at 11:32 PM ----------

HOLY HELL.

I…ah…hehe. The first video. It's…wow.

It's a link to "All I Want for Christmas is You." Because he's not even trying to hide anymore.