1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk about being.... Effeminate.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ryuji35, Dec 17, 2015.

?

Are you open to have a relationship with effeminate gay guys?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2016.
  1. Yes, I like Effeminate people and is open for relationship

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. Not my thing

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Depends on the personality

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  4. I don't care about it at all

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a lot of considered as a stigma on the Gay Community. Which is surprising considered that we are a marginalized part of the society. Chubs, Asian, Black etc etc. So many factors to consider before you can even be considered as "attractive" in the Gay world. But I want to talk more about the most dreaded: Effeminate

I know that we all have preferences. That it all boils down to it. But in my experience, everyone if not ALL hates or being turned off by effeminate gay people in terms of relationship. They are also being assumed to be the BOTTOM guy or submissive.

So I just wanted to know: Who among you likes or is open to have a relationship with effem? Who among you doesn't? Why or why not?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I won't vote because I'm not male or gay, but I find quite a lot of effeminate gay men really attractive (examples; Chris Colfner as Kurt Hummel in GLEE, John Barrowman as Captin Jack in Torchwood). I don't really know why, I mean, for the one effeminate gay man I actually know, it was his personality in the way he likes Doctor Who.

#2 Secrets5, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't mind a person who is effeminate in terms of how they act, so long as they're not dressed feminine. Feminine clothing doesn't turn me on.

Although, there is a certain type of feminine gay men that I'm not attracted to - the ones that have a lot of attitude. The ones that yell "YAS BITCHHH" and wave a dildo in the air or something, while simultaneously twerking. I think that's just over-the-top for me. It's just so loud and in your face. I like the quieter, calculating, careful feminine individuals :slight_smile:

#3 Steve FS, Dec 17, 2015
  4. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I broadly agree with Steve FS. If it's exaggerated and attention seeking (and you can tell when it is), I'm really not impressed. I find it a rather embarrassing spectacle actually and I wouldn't wish to spend time with someone like that.

It's a complete myth that all, or even most effeminate guys are submissive/bottoms.

5. VideoGAYmer

VideoGAYmer Guest

most people around here either think they're "super macho" or they are. to honest, i hate it:tantrum:. i don't know what it is about feminine guys (gay or otherwise) but i can't get enough of it.:thumbsup:

seriously, the only one. (as of posting)

#5 VideoGAYmer, Dec 17, 2015
  6. KingdomKeyDK

It all depends on how they are as a person... For example, I LOVE Mitch Grassi from Pentatonix, but it isn't because he's effeminate. It's because we're almost the same person, and I love it when people share the same interests as me. Gives me more room to fill in conversation. But you could easily pair me up with an effeminate guy who is the complete opposite of me and I wouldn't find them attractive, save for a few exceptions which I will not list... Being effeminate shouldn't define you as a person; it's simply a characteristic.

7. MrK21

Not everyone hates them. I personally LOVE them and I am a feminine guy myself and I am a top. Have trouble finding them though.

8. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As of now, i havent been attracted to any effeminate gay person. But that doesnt mean I am not open on having relationship with them. Tho like some of their replies said, it's a turn off when they are over the top and over acting effeminate.

9. guitar

I tend to be into more of the effeminate end of the spectrum, but like Patrick and Steve have said, when it's over the top it can be annoying. I'm not really into "bro" guys though, even if I get along with them fairly well. I tend to like regular guys. If 1 is extremely masculine and 10 is extremely effeminate, I'm probably a 6-7.