1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate myself [Rant Mode]

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ryuji35, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just want to let this out guys.

So, I tried opening myself up. I installed ****** despite its taboo for being just a hookup app but I have nothing else to work on in my country so I just had that. I browsed, chat and all and of course, a lot of people asking for sex etc etc.

Except for one person.

He just said Hi, and I said, Hi back and for some reason, we hit it well. We talked and talked about stuff, not mentioning sex at all, and I had fun! I learned that he was a pre-med student, slightly older than me, very bright and humble, and just easy to talk with. We kept on talking for like days and we started getting to know each other. Even I was shocked that it can happen in an app like that. But tonight, we talked about "effeminate."

Being slightly effem myself, I was so paranoid when he slightly implied that he's not into effem. (That's why I posted that thread about Effem tonight) Although he did not explicitly said or even deliberately "implied" that he's not into effeminate people, I assumed the worse.

With my preservation instincts, I blocked him in ****** and uninstalled the app, but I immediately regretted it. I felt like I lost someone, like a potential one or something. I feel really bad right now. Like I shunned someone without him giving an explanation or something. I am consoling myself with the idea that it's ******, it's just an app or maybe he's just a poser or something like that but I dunno. It still feels wrong. My issues of being afraid of getting hurt and being rejected are really taking its toll on me and I am so pissed at myself right now.

I just hate myself so much at this moment.

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm assuming we're talking about the infamous G app?

I know what you mean. I had that app installed before and it gave me nothing but grief. I do feel like you assumed a little bit, but you have to realize that people who have this app... most of them are in it for the sex. I'm not sure if you asked him about how he ended up getting on the app, and if he was looking for a relationship, but the users on the app are pretty sex-driven individuals.

Have you tried other apps or websites? I feel like this particular app isn't good, especially not for opening yourself up, lol!

#2 Steve FS, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  3. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it's the G app (I didn't know it can't be mentioned here, sorry for that). Not a good experience at all (Except for him though)

I have that OKC web but not a good thing either. sigh....

4. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, that escalated quickly.

OK, first of all, don't hate yourself. It's not going to help anyone, especially not you. I think you did overreact and behaved in a manner that I don't think was anyway proportionate. I would imagine that the other guy probably never realized wtf just happened.

Even if your first fears were to be true and he wouldn't want to date you, so what? You can't please everyone. He was just a one guy and statistically there are likely thousands of at least equally nice guys. Anyways, based on what you told me I don't think he would have been rude to you and you might have even become friends.

Still, don't be too sad about what you did. It's done and you have a chance to learn a lesson here so take this as a learning experience. If I were you I would try to figure out why am I so afraid of being rejected and hurt. Everyone is to some degree but this sounded a bit extreme.

Sorry, I can't think of anything better to say atm. I hope this was of any help.

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2015 at 08:31 PM ----------

BTW, is there a ban on mentioning apps and dating sites?

5. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's kind of a hit or miss for me. I've uninstalled all of the dating apps I used to go on.

I only managed one good relationship from them, but that relationship has ended. Everyone else I was too wary on meeting.

I wish there were easier ways to meet people, but you just have to have faith, right? Maybe one day, the right guy will show up.

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2015 at 10:35 AM ----------

I feel like there will be if you try to identify the app name and bypass the filter. You would probably get a warning, though.