1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Think My Mother Suspects?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LuciaLukie, Dec 18, 2015.

1. LuciaLukie

LuciaLukie Guest

Well, I haven't come out to my mother or anyone but my sister yet, but today when my sister and I got home from college, she'd left out an ancient newspaper she'd retrieved from somewhere, from the whole 'Caitlyn Jenner' thing. On the dinner table in plain view. When I pointed it out to her, she said, 'Oh I was just looking for some old papers for the fire.' And then she pointed at the article and said, 'So what do you think about all that? Just curious about your views on LGBT people.' Or something like that, I don't remember the actual words, but it sounded so fake It wasn't something she'd normally say and it felt forced. I tried to play it cool with 'They're just people.' And she just gave me that weird mother look for a minute or two and then went back to what she was doing. Well, she did the same thing to my sis with a similar response first, but still.

Am I paranoid and over-reacting, or is that weird?

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's possible she suspects, but don't freak out to much. If she does, it doesn't sound like she has a problem. She might just be trying to show you she cares and is supportive. Consider talking to her if you feel ready

3. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just take your time.
    I would guess that she suspects something ( sounds cliche,but really mothers always know) and seems to be pretty chill with it
    Just be as confident as you can be and maybe talk to your sis! I also have a twin sister who is my best friend and she helped me come out to our mom. It's always nice to talk to some one about it and a twin sis is a great option!

4. LuciaLukie

LuciaLukie Guest

Thank you for the advice! I know I overreact to things like this, even though my family are really great.
    I might talk to her, but I want to leave it a bit.

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2015 at 10:57 AM ----------

Yeah, my family are pretty close, so I'd say she can tell when stuff's not normal.
    I've had a few words with my sister (thanks for the advice, she's great!) and she's helped calm me down. Thinking about coming out to my mother in a few weeks/months/not now but soon.