1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this Stalkery?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dreamer2891, Dec 18, 2015.

1. dreamer2891

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So this happens quite often with me - I love the theatre and often find myself fancying at least one member of the male cast. I get the programme, look them up, and then once home - find them on twitter/facebook

Okay fairy innocent behaviour

But do you think it would actually be weird to actually message someone (on twitter) etc and be taken seriously

Its not so much the rejection (could be straight/already in a r/ship) - but its more about making a fool of myself - is it strange for a man in his early 30's to do such a thing - I'm not a giggling teenage girl 'fan' - and i don't want to come across as one.

But then another part of me thinks - 'he who dares - wins'. I know personally I need to be more bold in my life etc

Is it normal dating behaviour? would you do a similar thing? or what do you think you'd feel if you were the one on the receiving end?

2. Magenta Mucus

I do much the same thing and though all the guys I message randomly now either hate me, ignore me or blocked me, the few minutes-few days where they knew who I was, was awesome. I don't ddo it as much now, I just google their names now and see if I come up with anything hot. (!):thumbsup::eusa_danc:smilewave

3. Biker boy

well I do that I'll like someone and then search for anything about them fan pages pics bio I'll look for an address to write them for autographs and stuff. I've never tried to date one but its natural millions of people do it as a hobby each day that's what a fan boy is..
    hey good luck if you get a date out of it tho don't cross any lines and its not stalking once they say leave them alone then do it cause that's just not cool

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For what it's worth, I've sent messages of thanks to artists (musicians, actors, dancers, filmmakers) after seeing a particularly moving performance. I've done this a handful of times and don't think I've ever gotten anything but appreciation in response. A couple of them I've friended and ended up cultivating long-term friendships with.

It all depends on your motives and intentions. Mine were simply to let someone know that I like their work. If you are doing it with the intent of starting a relationship... that is probably a bit more problematic.