1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My love broke up with me, I'm feeling suicidal.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RandGen, Dec 18, 2015.

1. RandGen

Ignore this

My ex was my only true friend. He broke up with me because he's chasing some girl and I'm an obstacle. It's awful, I feel so betrayed. I used to cut before we got together, he said that he used to call me all the time so I wouldn't cut. Now that he's not here and he's betrayed me, I feel awful. I feel like doing it again. My life is a mess and feels worthless. I'm getting more and more suicidal everyday. I feel like I could never have what we had, he was my only true friend, ever. What do I do?

#1 RandGen, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  2. thatchickcj

Re: My love broke up with me, feeling suicidal

Hi there RandGen, I'm not too familiar with dealing with mental health, but I couldn't help but feel the need to try and add something. I've never been suicidal, but I do have my fair share of anxiety issues.

I know it doesn't seem like it will be soon right now, but there will be a day where you don't feel like total crap. Nobody knows when that day will be, but it will come. You are a strong person and you can chugg-through and make it to that day. You can depend on yourself. You will make it to that day.

From my experience with anxiety issues, I sometimes wish there were days when I didn't have to deal with them or that I felt self-oppressed because of how much I felt like a victim to myself. Drop those thoughts. One of the things that sort of helps me along is the reminder that it's natural to feel the way you do when you're put in crazy situations. Lift you head up and try to smile just a little. Even if it doesn't feel genuine, just smile. The 'fake it till you make it' approach does wonders.

I'm no professional with mental health, but this is my contribution.

3. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The first thing is to try and avoid any impulses for doing something stupid. I've got a lot of scars from cutting and several o.d.'s in my past, and one thing I've learned is to kill yourself is to remove any chance of things ever getting better. And they do get better. There's so many things I'd have missed out on had I succeeded before. Its not worth it. And also it just plays havoc with everyone who loves you that you leave behind.

4. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just hang on. You can do what you set your mind to, so set it on little goals. Step by step.
    That saved my life, maybe it'll help you

5. RandGen

I don't want to cut or kill myself, I just want to feel better. It doesn't help that I have diploma exams coming up. I'm taking an advanced math course, an advanced science course and a moderate social course. I absolutely can not fail any of them. Sometimes I think, "what the hell is the point?", it doesn't give me anything now, though it may set me up for a successful career in the future but even then, money doesn't buy happiness. Other than education, nothing means anything to me. I don't want to die, but it feels like it's the only thing that could spare me the stress for what little reward it may bring.

6. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: My love broke up with me, feeling suicidal

Well having suffered through bouts of suicidal thinking myself, I can say that it will get better. You may think right now that it is the end of the world with your breakup, and it might truly feel like it now. I can understand your situation having been through similar types of circumstances myself. However, it isn't the end of the world, I promise. When time passes, you will gradually come to get used to life without whoever you were with. In fact, you will eventually begin to realize that life is actually still just as enjoyable once you make it through to the other side of this. No matter how horrible the breakup was, I can assure you that you will eventually be able to see past it and you will enjoy life just the same as you did before your breakup. I'm not trivializing it, I can just say that the mind ultimately moves past whatever happens in life...... no matter what that is.

Also, if you are feeling suicidal to the point you are considering acting upon these thoughts, I urge you to tell someone about the thoughts, such as your immediate family or close friends. They will be able to keep you safe and help you through this dark time. I know that in that situation, you may not want to tell people. However, it is very important to do so, because of the wonderful future that you could have ahead of you..... and believe me life could still be truly wonderful after this. Once you make it on the other side of this, you will assuredly find that life is just as good, if not better since you will have a renewed appreciation for life itself.

Also, if there is no one around that you can talk to about these feelings, call a suicide hotline. Here is the number 800-273-8255. Believe me, they can be extremely helpful in a time of crisis. I know people who have called them in a time of need, and they said that they really helped them to see that suicide is not the answer to any problem or situation.

Also, I can assure you that neither your sexuality or gender are "weird". No matter what it is that you are attracted to or what your gender is, you are not "weird" and there are many other people like you out there. Even if it were something truly unique, that wouldn't make you weird, just unique. We are all unique in some ways, and if it happens to be gender or sexuality that is no different than anything else. There is nothing at all wrong with being unique, because we are all unique in some ways.

#6 Contact1111, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  7. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you feel suicidal or cutting yourself or you already have done so in the past, you need to seek professional help. Talk to a school or university psychologist. Things will get better but you must reach out for professional help.

Please tell us, how did it go.

8. CapColors

If you are school, go to their counseling center today. I went to the one at mine and it was amazing. Totally confidential, and I could see an LGBT therapist.

Yours may be smaller but I'm sure they can help with your needs.

Hang in there. It will seem better later, I promise.

9. RandGen

My sexuality and gender are posted as "weird" because, at that time, I didn't know what I was. I can't see a counsellor because I'm on Christmas break. How did what go?

10. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean what action you decided to take and what impact it had on your feelings.

11. RandGen

Oh, he switched schools and is pretending I don't exist. I haven't spoken to him since we broke up. I'm basically just trying to fix my life, get my academics in order. That's pretty much all I can do right now...