1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans* problems

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GentleCocoa, Dec 19, 2015.

1. GentleCocoa

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm almost 17.
    My parents personally believe
    -transgender people should not transition until they are 18
    -transgender people do not deserve preferred pronouns unless they pass/have 'the surgery'
    -transgender people shouldn't change their name until they 'legally change' it.

I recently cut my hair--
    As a result, they are trying to get me into reparitive therapy over my gender identity, and destroyed my binder (and sports bras unless they are "padded" and "feminine"). They refuse to buy me clothes--the only pants I have are 'high-waisted' and 'skinny fit'. Delayed my helix piercing, and are threatening to control my checking account, and also attempting to retrieve passwords. They've blocked the majority of my social media (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc).
    The issue with the hair cut that it is "too short."
    "By the time I realized how short you were getting it, it was too late.
    I should have said something at the time, but I didn't want to hurt your feelings. I need to work on being better balanced in my telling you how I feel without hurting your feelings. You are old enough to listen."
    In fact, before I left, my mom told me to keep as much as the length as possible.

Does anyone have advice?