1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you know what I mean ?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ank11451, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Ank11451

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey guys,

So I really don't have anyone to talk to about stuff like this, all of my friends are straight and don't understand. Also, I have been drinking a bit of wine so sorry if this sounds stupid.

I honestly believe in a gay vibe, like a gay person can tell when another person is also gay without ever asking and it's because of eye contact, body language and energy. ( I think I'm about 75% right most of the time)--- I wish the number was higher . I wonder if anyone can agree or disagree with this statement?!

For example, I started a new job recently and my boss took me around and introduced me to everyone, I was shaking hand after hand of my new colleagues . I went into this woman's cubicle, shook her hand, made eye contact with her and then BOOM immediately felt this "lesbian vibe" from her. I thought she was attractive but that had nothing to do with me thinking she was gay, I just felt this intuition or feeling that she was, it's hard to explain. Her appearance is very feminine but her charactersistics and the way she acts.... I CANT EXPLAIN IT, I can just tell you that I felt it. It's like I can look into her eyes and sense a common vibe of "gayness".

So basically I have a crush on her( this developed recently, not when we first met) and am planning on making some moves. I hope this "gay vibe" isn't something my mind has just made up. If it is then oh well, if not then great.

But how many of you out there know what I'm talking about? Is this " gay vibe " I speak of completely unreliable ? You're stories/ feedback would make me feel better. Either way I will probably find a way to subtly flirt, I hope I'm right about it :grin:

THANK YOU

2. Magenta Mucus

Oh good! It means you have a nice gaydar. You pick up on LGBT frequencies very nicely. I have nsxt to none.

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is some scientific evidence that people are able to tell just from the face if someone is gay, however, this effect is not very strong and it has been observed in a following setup.

People are shown pictures of faces they don't know and then asked to rate them gay or not gay. There is evidence that collectively people are able to do this to some extent (but the effect is not strong). However, it is not clear if people individually can make accurate predictions based on just by seeing someone's face. I'm a little skeptic about that.

Over the years many of my close friends have come out of closet. Their number is significantly higher than what their prevalence in general population is. I don't know are we subconsciously drawn to each other or is it because some personality traits that I like are more common in gays than in non-gays.

If I were you I wouldn't be so sure that I can pick out gays just by first instinct. It's more likely you subconsciously liked the lady at your work place and projected into her your hopes and desires even if you were not conscious about it.